Notary Rotary
got my 1st signing!!!
Notary Discussion History

got my 1st signing!!!
Go Back to September, 2004 Index

Posted by lynnboop on 9/1/04 12:39pm
Msg #7139

got my 1st signing!!!

Hey everybody. Got my first signing for Friday. I am really excited as I have been eager to start and feel well educated about being a signing agent. All the info I have read from you all has been very helpful. The fee is 50.00 but it is very very close to home like two miles away. ANy feedback about Allegiance Notary Services would be appreiated so I will know what to expect. Will I get paid quickly? I am just happy to get work. I will let you know how it goes.
I know I must sound dumb to you oldbies but hey at least I'm trying and I am trying to get info so that I will be good at what I do. Thanks!!!

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/1/04 1:25pm
Msg #7142

I do not know anything about Allegiance. However, if it were me, I would go ahead and do the signing no matter what feedback I received on them.

You have to start somewhere and the sooner you get your hands on a set of docs, the sooner you can start making your connections back with what you have been reading about.

Good luck!

Reply by lynnboop on 9/1/04 1:46pm
Msg #7143

I took it and I even got another one from someone else. Oh Boy I'm on a role! Thaks for the support.

Reply by KATHY/DULUTH, MN on 9/2/04 11:03am
Msg #7200

HI LYNNBOOP!

I HAVE BEEN ALOT OF SIGNING AND I HOPE THE FOLLOWING INFO HELPS:

I CHARGE A BASIC FEE OF $75.00 FOR A SIGNING IF THE DOCS COME BY FED EX OR UPS. IF THEY COME BY E MAIL I CHARGE $25.00 MORE FOR PRINTING THE DOCS. IF THE SIGNING IS 20 OR MORE MILES I CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL $25.00.

I HAVE GOTTEN FROM $50.00 TO $250.OO PER SIGNING. ONCE YOU START DOING MORE SIGNINGS YOU WILL FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE SETTING YOUR RATE WITH THE LENDER.

THERE ARE ALOT OF FREE WEBSITES TO SIGN UP TO BE A M0BILE NOTARY. I DO SIGNING FROM COMPANIES FROM ALL OVER THE USA. IT'S A GREAT WAY TO MAKE EXTRA CASH. THE CHECKS COME IN VERY SLOW. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT TIME OF THE MONTH YOU SIGN BUT TYPICALLY IT TAKE 30+ DAYS TO GET YOUR CHECK.

YOU SHOULD ALSO GO TO THE FED EX & UPS STORES AND GET PLENTY OF LEGAL SIZE ENVELOPES, THE MAILING SHEET AND PLASTIC HOLDERS. AT THE STORE THEY WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO FILL OUT THE SHEETS AND HOW TO HAVE THEM PICKED UP. WHEN YOU PRINT YOU OWN DOCUMENTS THE TITLE COMPANY WILL SEND YOU THEIR FED EX ACCOUNT # FOR YOU TO MAIL THE DOCUMENTS BACK. ITS REALLY NICE CUZ WHEN YOUR DONE YOU JUST CALL FED EX AND THEY WILL COME AND GET THE ENVELOPE.

IF YOU WANT MORE INFO YOU CAN E - ME AT [e-mail address]
I PROBABLY CAN HELP YOU WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE.

GOOD LUCKSmiley
KATHY IN DULUTH

Reply by BrendaTX on 9/2/04 2:43pm
Msg #7214

Be sure and get the "legal" size >>envelopes<< and not the "paks." That's what Kathy, above said, however, thought I'd re-emphasize it for you --

With my luck, I'd be the one that would overlook the legal Fedex envelope requirement and use a Pak, thereby showing my inattention to a detail right off the bat.

Seems to be FEDEX and UPS legal size envelopes are required because they are less to ship back, I believe.
- - - - - - - - -
I notice Kathy says she calls for pickup service. I always take mine to the drop off boxes--did not know that there was an option to have them picked since it is more expensive.

Brenda

Reply by lynnboop on 9/2/04 2:54pm
Msg #7215

Thanks Kathy and Brenda , excellent info provided. I am so excited.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.