Notary Rotary
A-1
Notary Discussion History

A-1
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by JM/MI on 4/4/05 10:00pm
Msg #29654

A-1

Did anyone get the email from A-1? They say they have to lower what they pay because the Title co. they work with are paying less. They are offering $50 for a signing within a 50 mile radius. With the price of gas $2.43 a gallon I think they need to rethink.

Reply by Jan/Ca on 4/4/05 10:32pm
Msg #29656

He took forever to pay me for a signing I did for him last year. I had to "threaten" him! He will have to wait a long time before I would work for him again, especially for 5o bucks. No thanks!

Reply by Joseph_CA on 4/5/05 11:40am
Msg #29707

50 dollars for 50 miles one way?

OK let me do my math;

100/15mpg of my car=6.66 gallonsx2.48=$ 16.53 dollars
If its on rush hour traffic it will take 3 hours plus fax backs and dropping package another hour
Total 4 hours out from my home.
33.47/4= EIGHT DOLLARS AND THIRTY SIX CENTS PER HOUR!!
And thats doing it when my wife is not working otherwise I will have to deduct 3 dollars per hour
for babysitting.
Hey I havent count Income tax, se tax, wear and tear of my vehicle, etc etc, etc.

Hey Im a newbie and I havent done one like this example but I hope I wont.

thanks.

Reply by MI_Notary on 4/5/05 12:21pm
Msg #29716

I think you may have the wrong company. This company does not have a man working at it, nor has it ever had a man working at it from what I know about it. (I received the same email). This company is MI based and is owned and operated by women. I have done lots of work for them as well and have been paid on time every time. I know there are a couple of A-1 companies out there. Where is the one based that you are referring to as I would like to stay away from that one. Thanks.

Reply by AndreeaMI on 4/5/05 12:27pm
Msg #29719

Do they have a website?

Reply by MI_Notary on 4/5/05 12:53pm
Msg #29727

I believe it is www.a-1notary.com.

Reply by AndreeaMI on 4/5/05 6:12pm
Msg #29801

Thanks

Reply by Thomas Palumberi on 4/12/07 2:20pm
Msg #184840

They want you to "mail" your information. Who mails anything anymore?

Reply by MI_Notary on 4/5/05 12:36pm
Msg #29722

Re: A-1 - Which One?

JM,

Which A-1 are you referring to? If it is the same one I am thinking of (A-1 Notary & Signing Agent Services, LLC), then I got the same email. I was concerned regarding the email too and have discussed this in great detail with them because of the same thing (gas prices, drive, etc.). My understanding by what I have talked with them about is that it was not a choice of thiers and are contemplating not handling closings for that particular company (because of this reason). According to them, a California company has greatly underbid them for this client (less than what they normally pay me). I told them I would only handle these closings if it was within a 15-20 mile radius, not 50 mile radius ($50+25 edocs). Because of our working relationship (usually well paid and no fax backs), I want to still work for them and keep receiving any other client closings (at a higher rate) they may have to offer me. One thing we may be able to do is stick together and not let this new company think they can come in and low ball us either. I think if we stick together then we can maintain the fees we are currently being paid. However, if we don't stick together then out of state signing companies will continue to take business away and keep decreasing the fees we are paid. I on the other hand, like being paid at least $100+ per closing. Any thoughts from other MI Signing Agents??

Reply by JM/MI on 4/5/05 4:02pm
Msg #29776

This is A-1 in Michigan and it was 50 Radius. I took it as one way. They also want to pay 75.00 email. I can't afford to work for that with gas prices and the work I put into the signings before and after.

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/5/05 4:28pm
Msg #29786

JM,

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.