Notary Rotary
A message of love to all you newbies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 4/13/05 11:47am
Msg #31460

I feel so very sorry for those of you that thought this was going to be easy money.......ahhhh contrare' my friends...not even taking into consideration that at this time the field is TOTALLY SATURATED!! it takes months of pounding the pavement, talking to friends, neighbors, strangers, making deals with the devil himself! THEN DONT complain because of having to work late nights, weekends and holidays, when do you think borrowers are home to sign? most other people work REGULAR hours and days. and only GOD knew about the mountains of paperwork that goes along with this prestigeous job, and how come my tires are only lasting 3 months? what is that funny noise? time for a tune-up again?? and gas at 3 bucks, must I go on? quit cherbitchin and get used to it.
my advise to all you newbies and those considering this line of work? If you cant LOVE all this BS then find a much less crueler occupation.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/13/05 3:17pm
Msg #31492

Love is all you need

I LOVE MY NEW CAREER! After high school I was in the USAF for four years. You want to talk about mountains of paperwork and odd hours - try that out for awhile. Then I joined the 'family' business - retail. Oy Vey - Have you ever worked in a mall the day after Thanksgiving or how about Christmas Eve? Now that is some stiff competition. I did that for 15 years. I got my commission in February and found NotRot in March. I stared to market myself after Easter and I've done 6 jobs so far. The best part is I can say NO to anyone, anytime I choose. BTW the gas here (San Diego) is only $2.75 - where are you paying $3?

Reply by saphire-CA on 4/13/05 6:11pm
Msg #31522

Re: Love is all you need .........ANON's message

Anon:

WOW..what can I say about your message ??

The one thing that pops into my mind is..if your opinion of it is THAT BAD..then why the heck are you doing it ??????

I am a newbie..and I sure didnt want to have to read what you said..............talk about being negative !!

I will just PRAY that I do what I hope I can do..and if not, well I sure as heck wont stay doing it for evey long !!!!!!!

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 4/13/05 6:47pm
Msg #31529

Re: Love is all you need .........ANON's message

Hi Saphire:

I am in a highly saturated area - San Francisco Bay Area - yet I do quite well with receiving many requests for my services.
If Anon is having to change her tires every three months, perhaps she/he should purchase a better quality tire.

Although this industry is saturated, trust me when I say you can be successful.
I can say this because I don't think an area can be more saturated than mine, yet I am very busy with signings.
Saphire, it is hard work, it involves alot of driving.....and you must have patience.
Frequently the edocs do not arrive at time stated, at times certain docs are missing, and sometimes the borrowers can and will be difficult.
These are a FEW of the difficulties of this industry - as some on thids board have stated, sometimes Signing Agents do not get paid.

You will come to know the hardships as you receive assignments....it is definately not a "get rich quick" career.
In any case good luck in your new endeavor.

Stephanie

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/13/05 7:30pm
Msg #31537

Re: ANON's message

Saphire,

I read Anon's post, and I don't think he was being all that negative, just being very realistic. Conceivably, it was a bit overdrawn, but that is how you make a point. JMHO.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.