Notary Rotary
Advertising on my car
Notary Discussion History

Advertising on my car
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by SLONotary on 4/12/05 9:09am
Msg #31111

Advertising on my car

I've been thinking of getting the words "Traveling Notary" with my cell phone number on the back windshield of my car. Has anyone done this?

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/12/05 9:45am
Msg #31116

I was thinking of this myself so I would be interested in any responses!

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/12/05 9:49am
Msg #31117

Some have a magnetic sign for the sides of their car, but make sure your doors are metal before you invest lol...There is also a front license plate available, I haven't seen anything on windows yet but it would probably look good on the back. Many people advertise on their cars.

Reply by ssnotary on 4/12/05 10:11am
Msg #31122

Actually not long ago while on the road, I observed a notary service with the magnetic poster on the automobile door, reading so and so's mobile notary service, it did catch one's eye. Probably a good idea to advertise for little invested. Great luck to you!

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/12/05 12:16pm
Msg #31147

This may seem too obvious to say, but if you advertise on your car, make sure everything is spelled correctly.

My neighbor has a magnetic sign for some sort of legal services thing on their car. The address is on Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles, but it's spelled "Wilshier Blvd". Needless to say, I would never ever dream of using their service because of that. If they can't even spell their street name correctly, god only knows what other levels detail they'd overlook.

Reply by John_NorCal on 4/12/05 9:24pm
Msg #31346

I would also suggest that you maintain a nice presentable vehicle, clean, maintained, etc. First impressions count, and driving up in a beat up jalopy doesn't help at all.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/12/05 9:57pm
Msg #31351

>>> First impressions count, and driving up in a beat up jalopy doesn't help at all. <<<

Depends on where the signing is. I drive a CAFL sports car (Mazda MX-5, very popular in CA and FL Smiley). I have been to some neighborhoods where I really needed an '85 Civic that never has been washed or waxed, lost all the hub caps, in desperate need of a paint job and has cracked windshields on the front and rear. Other neighborhoods, I should have a Bently or Rolls to enter the gates.

Reply by Susan/CA on 4/12/05 12:26pm
Msg #31159

I have my company name and my cell phone # on my license plate cover. It looks good and it is free advertising.

Reply by Charisma_CA on 4/12/05 1:31pm
Msg #31195

How many calls do you think your received due to the advertising on your license plate cover?

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/12/05 2:43pm
Msg #31219

Re: Some things to think about ..........

Hi,

I don't believe you have identified what state you are in, unless "SLO" stands for Southern Louisiana.

It would seem to me that the types of responses you will get will be from the public; they won't be loan signing jobs, I wouldn't think. So I think what is important in considering this venture is how much you can charge per notarized signature. I know in Michigan it is $10 bucks, which isn't bad. In some states, though I understand it can be as low as $2.50.

Reply by LisaV_MN on 4/12/05 3:16pm
Msg #31230

CA and other states may be different from mine...but I did look into this here. I learned my car insurance would sky rocket and I may even be dropped for using my vehicle as a rolling billboard if my company did not carry the proper coverage for business insurance (which is extremely spendy to add vehicle coverage), and that if they kept me as an insured driver but were in an accident while working I could again be dropped. My insurance agent advised me to stay clear from the signs/stickers due to the massive liability if will/could bring a company. It may be different if you do not own a company...that I am not sure of.

Reply by SLONotary on 4/12/05 5:36pm
Msg #31281

SLO = San Luis Obispo, California
Big college town. Locals call it "slow town" but spelled SLO Town.
Thanks for the advise

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.