Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Advice on signing loan docs for the first time.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Stephanie Hamett on 4/19/05 3:02pm
Msg #32698

So I've been a notary sine October of 2004. I have signed several documents including passport documents, etc. and Soon I will be signined a set of loan documents for a close friend who will be refinancing her house. I work for a mortgage lender and and seen the documents that need to be signed... but I'm a little nervous... :-( HELP! Any advice would help! Thanks!

Reply by Melody on 4/19/05 3:05pm
Msg #32699

There have been lots of helpful posts on this topic. Search through the messages.

Try the words
first time
first
new

Not meaning to offend, especially since you are experienced with notarizing and mortgage docs, but others have already put lots of time into creating answers to this particular question. Take advantage of the multiple posts already on the forum.

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/19/05 3:15pm
Msg #32700

Stephanie-

Since you have seen the docs you are one step ahead of the rest! Good luck and just remember to breath! I was really nervous too! I still get nervous actually!

Take your time to prep them and ask the ss any questions you might have!

Good luck, you will do fine!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 4/19/05 3:51pm
Msg #32704

Explanation of Docs

Click on this link, a box will come up and ask for password and username, click on x, and pdf file with five pages of often used loan documents. Posted this last week, hope it helps:-)

www.nbsigning.com/dwnlds.htm

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/19/05 8:49pm
Msg #32744

EXCELLENT and helpful link...

Dog:

I sent this link to a new notary from the Dallas Area. She emailed me with a lots of "now what?" questions and I sent her this and a few more tips...however, I think this was one of the best.

Thanks so much for sharing it.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 4/19/05 9:23pm
Msg #32754

I posted it last week

Now if I can remember the topic, next time someone asks, I'll just have them do a search:-)

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/19/05 9:27pm
Msg #32757

Re: EXCELLENT and helpful link...

I got it from the thread last week. Again, T h A n K Y o U !!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 4/20/05 7:55am
Msg #32809

Your welcome:-)

First a thank you from Bobbi in CT and now this from you and all in two weeks. My head will be so big, I may have to widen all my doorways:-)

Reply by Carmen Chen on 4/20/05 9:27am
Msg #32832

Re: Explanation of Docs

I used the link you provided and it is so helpful to me. Thank you for sharing! You are awesome!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 4/20/05 10:02am
Msg #32846

Can you tell that to my wife:-) NM

Reply by Steph_CA on 4/19/05 6:10pm
Msg #32725

Thanks for the advice... and i've been researching on fees to charge etc. and i've gotten a round figure. (didn't even know you could search around on other posts.) Obviously i'm new... but thank god not to the business... What are you guys' takes on advertising/getting the word out other than websites, etc.? what do you think about introduction letters including business cards? Thanks for you help!

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/19/05 8:32pm
Msg #32738

Stephanie,

My first experience doing a refinance was very similar to yours. Some close friends had requested my services, and so the title company called me. Luckily I had the documents sometime in advance, so I was able to go over them fairly carefully. I had a lot of questions and the woman at the title company was very patient with me and responded to all my questions. And so everything turned out fine, and the woman at the title company thought that I did a good job.

I too had a heavy duty background, although not really as specific as yours. Given your background, I don't think you should have any problem whatsoever. .

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.