Notary Rotary
Affidavit of Non-Identity
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Stephen_VA on 4/15/05 10:35pm
Msg #32136

Anyone ever seen this? Kind of cracked me up....

Reply by christi/socal on 4/15/05 10:46pm
Msg #32139

Trying to find themselves?? n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/15/05 11:24pm
Msg #32151

Yes, it is an affidavit to say that some other person with the same name who may have judgements against them is not the borrower in this transaction.

The lender may have ocme across someone with the same name as the borrower involved in a judgement or something, this is something for the borrower to sign to say it isn't them but someone with the same name.

Reply by Ninna_La on 4/16/05 1:18am
Msg #32161

exactly what Sylvia said... aka "not him" or "not her" letter/affidavit.

Reply by Shannon_Va on 4/16/05 3:57pm
Msg #32227

I see these alot while doing searches. Especially on common names such as Brown, Johnson, Smith, etc.. Here in Virginia, the clerk can not record any document that contains a social security number. So when doing a search and judgments are found, it makes it hard to clear the title because there is no way to prove who's they actually are.
An affidavit of non identity allows the borrow to swear and affirm that what was found during the search does not apply to them. It is mainly done for the lender.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/16/05 4:20pm
Msg #32234

My name is not especially common, but years++ ago that kind of affidavit was the only thing that allowed me to get credit because someone in another part of CT had burned a number of businesses.

With identity theft becoming rampant we can expect to see many more of this kind of document.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.