Notary Rotary
Age limit to sign mortgage docs???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Tecia on 4/8/05 9:04am
Msg #30354

does a person have to be 18 years old before he/she can sign a mortgage doc? What if the peson is married and 17. If under age, does the signer have to have a co-signer i.e. a parent? Thanks for your help, in advance.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/8/05 9:12am
Msg #30355

TeciaXX - add your state for better response n/m

Reply by Tecia on 4/8/05 10:17am
Msg #30370

Re: TeciaXX - add your state for better response n/m

I reside in Florida. Thanks.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 10:30am
Msg #30375

Tecia
When you post a message and you fill in the "author" box, put Tecia_FL then we will know at a glance where you are located.

Reply by Tecia_FL on 4/8/05 10:54am
Msg #30388

Thanks...do you have an answer for me?

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/8/05 11:14am
Msg #30395

I looked it up for you and found your answer in the FL Statutes believing you had a real need to get this information. Now I see the same request from Nevada.

Please advise if this is on a test and not a signing agent real life question. If it is on a test that's a horse of a different color altogether.

In that case...Google is your friend.

Reply by Tecia_FL on 4/8/05 11:27am
Msg #30398

What is a "real life" question? Do you live in "real life"? Do questions asked and answered not benefit everyone within your so called "real life"?. At some point, someone is going to need the answer to this question whether it's on a test or "real life". It's not on a test...It is a real question. If it were on a test I'd probably have gone another direction to find the answer as not to look like a dummy on this site. I've been a signing agent since 1998 and am established with the agencies that I wish to do work with...This matter is totally different and has nothing to do with a signing from one of my agencies. If you must know it is for a private local sale. Okay??? What is it with you people on this site. Everyone is so defensive, at times. I have the Florida Statutes in my office. Thank you...I'll find the answer myself. I wish I'd have known that I could go the Statutes for my answer in the first place. So, you helped me anyway. Woopeeeeee!!!!!!

Reply by Fran-NV on 4/8/05 11:34am
Msg #30399

I'll be damned if I ever ask another question on this board,

or answer any questions in an attempt to help others who need help. You elitist people on this board make me sick.

Reply by CheatPolice on 4/8/05 11:40am
Msg #30400

Promise?

This question IS on the NASCO test. You know it, I know it and a whole bunch of other people know it. You both are lying and acting like it's not a test question, yet it is and you're getting mad because we're not giving you the answer. That's not elitist--it's called ethics. And you call yourself notaries? Shame shame shame.

Reply by Tecia_FL on 4/8/05 12:13pm
Msg #30406

Re: Promise?

Thank you. Who is NASCO????

Reply by CarolynCO on 4/8/05 12:33pm
Msg #30411

Re: NASCO - use the Orange SEARCH button. n/m

Reply by CheatPolice on 4/8/05 12:35pm
Msg #30412

NACSO--you mean the people who brought you this question on their test:

10. A person under the age of 18 may sign documents, when:
a) Deemed to be of sound mind.
b) If married.
c) Co-signed by a parent or guardian.
d) Provided by court order.
e) Never

And your original question was STRIKINGLY similar:

does a person have to be 18 years old before he/she can sign a mortgage doc? What if the peson is married and 17. If under age, does the signer have to have a co-signer i.e. a parent? Thanks for your help, in advance.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/8/05 12:50pm
Msg #30415

The answers provided by the test question appear to be incomplete. A person under 18 is regarded as an adult for purposes of contracting (though not for some other purposes, such as purchasing alcoholic beverages) if he or she has been emancipated. That is a legal proceeding in which a court declares a minor sui juris (of his own right), and able to enter into binding contracts. It is a general grant of emancipation, not limited to one transaction.

Nevada Fran, you're being a pluperfect jerk. You wanted us to do your homework. You got caught. We wouldn't do it. Why wouldn't you just say, "Uh-oh: Busted! You guys are tough!" and get on with it? It isn't being elitist because we refuse to spoon feed you YOUR homework answers.

Reply by LisaV_MN on 4/8/05 1:35pm
Msg #30424

What is wrong with you people??

Is there some rule to answering a question that requires you to be a jerk while doing so? I must have missed that rule when becoming certified. I am ashamed to think you fellow notaries are my peers. What is so wrong with someone simply replying to Fran and Tecia? Is that so freaking hard? To just reply nicely? Wait.....maybe that is a lot to ask when watching you people day in and day out BASH fellow notaries for not knowing everything in life.

Other fellow notaries....do not let these "old timers" make you feel bad. You know what they say... "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" Hell...in this day and age, you can't even teach them to be nice.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the convention - to see if the negativity in your responses has taken its toll on your being.... crabby grouchy people always look the part. I will not need to read your name tags, simply just listen for the bitching.

Look forward to seeing you all in May. (Think there will be any good fist fights?)

Reply by Tecia-FL on 4/8/05 1:37pm
Msg #30426

Thanks. I knew someone with some sensibility was out there. Cheers to you LisaV.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/8/05 1:52pm
Msg #30430

LisaV chides:

***I am ashamed to think you fellow notaries are my peers.***

Hate to burst your bubble, Lisa, but you're a long way from being my peer. A fellow signing agent, perhaps; peer, no.

Reply by LisaV_MN on 4/8/05 2:15pm
Msg #30436

*Hate to burst your bubble, Lisa, but you're a long way from being my peer*

Definitions of peer... a person who is of equal standing with another in a group.

A fellow signing agent, but not a peer?? How is that, Hugh? According to the definition, I am your peer. Unless you have switched gears, yet again, and are now writing definitions for Webster.

Reply by Jon on 4/8/05 3:08pm
Msg #30457

Lisa,

Hugh doesn't have peers, no one wants to stand with him in a group. Smiley

Reply by LisaV_MN on 4/8/05 3:10pm
Msg #30458

I agree, Jon. I am still waiting for Hugh to explain why I am not his peer. If he were ever called to trial, you bet I would be peer enough to sit in the jury box on that one. Even though I am appraently not his peer.

Thanks for this.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/8/05 3:21pm
Msg #30466

LisaV taunts:

***I am still waiting for Hugh to explain why I am not his peer.***

I really dunno where to start, Lisa. The obvious place would be gender, unless your parents had a really screwed up understanding of offspring nomenclature. Age is a possibility. Appearance is another: Unless you're a wart hog, you'd almost certainly best me in that department. And from there we could move on to experience, education, family background, ethnicity, the ebullience of our smiles, who has the most whining [I'm sorry; make that "winning"] personality; and even our respective grasps of the fundamentals of spelling and grammar.

To put it another way, just because you're a Catholic doesn't make you a peer of the Pope.

Reply by Tecia on 4/8/05 1:31pm
Msg #30422

Again.....Who is NACSO??? I haven't taken a notary test...ever. I've been established a lot longer than those tests have been an intricate part of doing business with an SA. Steam baby steam and have a wonderful weekend mr/ms "cheatpolice". I never knew that title existed. Do you do all types of cheating or do you just live on this board???

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/8/05 11:51am
Msg #30403

Re: I'll be damned if I ever ask another question on this board,

Well thanks for stopping by and sharing that with us.

Buh bye.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/8/05 12:49pm
Msg #30414

Elitist?

Is it elitist and/or wrong not to participate in scamming companies who give tests?

Is it elitist and/or bad to encourage SAs to learn how to be an SA rather than giving them test answers so they can cheat the people who hire them?

If Tecia and Fran are too impatient to use google.com to look up "Florida (or Nevada) age of emancipation," and if Tecia and Fran are so explosive that they get angry at being told to do so... Heaven help the signing service who expects them to read their instructions.

Reply by Tecia on 4/8/05 1:25pm
Msg #30419

Re: Elitist?

As I said before, if you can read: I have a signing tonight (quit claim deed) nosey rosey. I need to know for that signing. I have two kids signing for a house a family member is selling them (1 - 17 year old and 1 - 20 year old). Again, who is NASCO????? Maybe they can use my services as I have been providing them for quite a while now. And, to the person who told me to use the orange search button...You use it. If I needed it I know where it is. Now, you guys have fun this weekend on this subject. Blow your minds up complaining and crying like selfish little babies.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 1:31pm
Msg #30423

Tecia
I really don't understand the need for the question.
A company is sending you out to do the signing, obviously the title company etc will have gone into the legalities or illegalities of the persons signing.
All you need to do is verify their identity and notarize their signatures. The documents are really none of our concern. Our job is to identify the signers and notarize their signatures.

Reply by Tecia_FL on 4/8/05 1:45pm
Msg #30429

It's not a signing company. Please read back to my original msg. It's for a quit claim deed (personal appt.) that I have tonight. I am not a notary for private companies only. I am a 24 hour notary on call and am listed that way on certain sites. I notarize for the public meaning anyone who needs my services can call. This is why I'm asking the question. I've done quit claim deeds before but never for a young couple.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 2:13pm
Msg #30434

But, whether it is for a signing company or a regular notary public client, the answer is still the same. As you are not an attorney you cannot advise whether they are legally able to sign the document, you are only to positively identify the signers and notarize the signatures. The contents of documents we notarize for the general public are not our concern.

All you have to do is identify the signers, scan the document to make sure it is complete - no blank spaces, make sure they understand what they are signing, and then have them sign it and notarize it.

Reply by Jon on 4/8/05 2:23pm
Msg #30439

Hi Sylvia,

I agree. I didn't see your post before posting my own, which says basically the same thing.

Reply by Becca/FL on 4/8/05 3:45pm
Msg #30473

Tecia - If what you state is true, your question is pointless. The minor is the grantee and will not be signing the Deed. Having been at this since 1998, I would hope that you would know this.

Reminds me of an original QCD that I collected to send back to a Title Co. The Notary put "before me" in the space provided to insert the grantors names. Geeez

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/8/05 5:49pm
Msg #30516

"Again, who is NASCO????? Maybe they can use my services as I have been providing them for quite a while now. And, to the person who told me to use the orange search button...You use it. "

So let me get this straight. You're asking for the third time who NASCO is, somebody has told you that you can search the board for your answer, but you're not willing to do that. You'd just rather demand repeatedly that we tell you.

And you wonder why so many people responded to you with the implication that you're a lazy ass? Maybe it's because you just told us point blank that you are.

I'm sorry that you're under the impression that your questions should be answered on demand on this board. Nobody has to answer a damn thing you ask. You should be appreciative when people take the time to give you an answer (and telling you to use the search function IS a valid answer) instead of just being such a bitch about it.

Reply by Tecia on 4/9/05 12:32am
Msg #30622

Again CaliNotary "I came in late" WHO THE HELL IS NASCO??? It seems you're the lazy ass for not answering the question. If you people had any sense about you, you'd recognize that my repeated question of "WHO IS NASCO?", is a wise assed comment because I just don't give a care, okay lazy ass.

Reply by CarolynCO on 4/8/05 11:51pm
Msg #30612

Re: Excuse me ...

I am the *person* who told you to use the orange search key and you are still continuing to ask who is NASCO?????? If you would use the orange search key, you would find out yourself who NASCO is. As for telling me to use the orange search key myself, I do -- that is why I know you will find out who NASCO is if you will use it yourself instead of continuing to ask who they are!!!!!

Reply by Tecia on 4/9/05 12:38am
Msg #30624

Dumb ass...If you all could read thru the email language..."I could give a care less who NASCO is". Whoever NASCO is doesn't make up the question that I asked. WHO IS NASCO is a wise assed comment to let nuts like you, who have nothing better to do than bitch bitch bitch, know that I could care less...Good Morning jackasses. Everyone of you except those with a little sense left.

Reply by CarolynCO on 4/9/05 10:54am
Msg #30671

You come in here with your all-mighty attitude and demand answers and when you don't get them but instead are directed to the orange search button you are the one getting bent all out of shape. You don't have to worry about me responding to you ever again, because you are now on my no-no list as to posters I respond and don't respond to. You have a good day, you hear -- NOT!

I can only hope that NO ONE gives you an answer to your question of who NASCO is -- because even though you say you don't care, apparently you do, since you have demanded to know more than once.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/9/05 12:49pm
Msg #30691

She obviously cares and is just trying to save face.

The truly funny part is that if she had just made the teensy effort to look for the information in the first place, she would have gotten an eyeful about NASCO and learned why so many of us feel the way we feel about them, in addition to learning who they are. But instead she'll remain blissfully and bitchily ignorant.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/8/05 1:31pm
Msg #30421

Deltecia...

* I have the Florida Statutes in my office. Thank you...I'll find the answer myself. I wish I'd have known that I could go the Statutes for my answer in the first place.*

I cannot help but wonder...why does a Sports Authority created "for the purpose of planning, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive complex of sports and recreational facilities" for your area need a copy of the Florida Statutes in its office?

Reply by Tecia on 4/8/05 1:35pm
Msg #30425

Re: Deltecia...

Because we are a governmental agency within the State of Florida. Governed and abiding by all State of Florida rules and regualtions. Given that you now know this much we were created in 1967 by the State of Fla. legislature as a governing agency. There is a need for this information to be in our office. Especially, the department in which I work. What else do you have a nosey need to know about me and my agency? Gees...get a life madam research.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/8/05 1:37pm
Msg #30427

Interesting...BTW...this is my life (Madam Research) n/m

Reply by Lisa-fl on 4/8/05 2:08pm
Msg #30432

Re: Interesting...BTW...this is my life (Madam Research) n/m

I do not understand what the point of this message board is....If you (several posters) are too annoyed to answer then don't. Move on and exchange your emails with the other people who are too annoyed to answer and let the rest of us get along. Several of the posters are on here all day so you aren't that busy with your excellent notary knowledge. Closing the loan as a notary does is the easiest part of the whole loan process it does not take a rocket scientist. So stop acting as if you are all above everyone else.

Reply by Tecia on 4/8/05 2:14pm
Msg #30435

Amen!!!

Reply by ssnotary on 4/8/05 2:43pm
Msg #30445

I second that!

Reply by Stephen_VA on 4/8/05 2:16pm
Msg #30437

The real problem is that the inane chatter that is caused by their vitriol increases the signal-to-noise ratio to the point that a potentially informational thread becomes a sea of garbage.

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/8/05 2:33pm
Msg #30444

LisaLisaLisa...

I'm going to answer this acoording to my own experience. If you are taking a test you do NOT come here to ask for the answer. Do you really think that's what we're here for? Or why the company gives the test in the first place??? Before I even asked a question here, I exhausted all avenues with my OWN due diligence. I think you've got some brass cahonas yelling around here like you're God's gift to question answering. We are busy people and get tired of the daily basic stupid questions from taking an exam YOU SHOULD KNOW. Get with it and realize what you're talking about before you spew. Many questions are answered here, after you've done a search or have a 'valid' question. There have been many helpful replies to myself and others. Get off your high donkey

Reply by LisaV_MN on 4/8/05 2:49pm
Msg #30446

Re: LisaLisaLisa...

I assumed sinch Tecia SAID it was for a job that is WASN'T related to taking a test. How many times did she say it wasn't for a test?

I grew my brass cahonas from days watching everyone on this board sitting on THEIR high horses yelling at anyone and everyone that asks a question. I do not think or have ever implied that I am "god's gift" to answering questions. Busy people...really? Seems like you have enough time on your hands to "spank" people for asking questions, just no time to answer them apparently.

Yes, there are many helpful replies on NotRot, it is just to bad you have to beg, plead, rob and get cained for the answers some days.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/8/05 2:54pm
Msg #30447

Re: LisaLisaLisa...

Lisa muses:

***it is just to bad you have to beg, plead, rob and get cained for the answers some days.***

Builds character, Lisa. And Lord knows there are lots of characters on NotRot, so it must be working.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/8/05 2:58pm
Msg #30449

HughHugHugh

what the F does character have to do with this thread? Are you retarded? I still have yet to see what you answer will be on the "your not my peer,cry,cry,cry" Shut your retarded piehole. It's getting old.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/8/05 3:03pm
Msg #30455

Re: HughHugHugh

Anonymous posts:

***what the F does character have to do with this thread? Are you retarded? I still have yet to see what you answer will be on the "your not my peer,cry,cry,cry" Shut your retarded piehole. It's getting old.***

Korey's back, and as cowardly as ever it appears.

Reply by Ty_MN on 4/8/05 3:05pm
Msg #30456

nope...it was me, but the bashing should start for me....are we all ready....

Reply by HisHughness on 4/8/05 3:11pm
Msg #30460

Ty_MN admits:

***nope...it was me, but the bashing should start for me....are we all ready....***

If indeed those last two posts by Anonymous were by you, Ty, I'd be hard-pressed to judge which is most lacking: Your IQ or your sense of humor.

Reply by Ty_MN on 4/8/05 3:15pm
Msg #30461

where has anyone used ANY amount of intelligence in these responses? I thought I would use a lack of intelligence so that I would be understood by my PEERS

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/8/05 3:18pm
Msg #30463

hey ty

check out your conversation in message 26762, where's the intelligence there? hypocrite

Reply by Ty_MN on 4/8/05 3:36pm
Msg #30470

google web definitions

Humor wit: a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter

Hugh can be funny -when he's NOT being the bottom two definitions (which doesn't happen often)

Jackass fathead: a man who is a stupid incompetent fool

derogative: expressive of low opinion Derogatory. Used to demean, belittle, or disparage.

Unfortunately, YOU can't tell the difference in those posts I guess

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/8/05 3:44pm
Msg #30472

Re: google web definitions

Ty writes..
"where has anyone used ANY amount of intelligence in these responses? I thought I would use a lack of intelligence so that I would be understood by my PEERS"

in avoidance of an answer...

I'm still waiting to hear what's 'intelligent' about your NNA posts?
now you're looking up humor on google?

Yes, I can tell the difference, so what? Like he blatently states...Look it up! Just like you going to google...maybe you'll set an example. Now I'm going out to enjoy the weather...ramble on

Reply by Ty_MN on 4/8/05 3:45pm
Msg #30475

you still don't get it

who cares....the whole point...who cares

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/8/05 2:59pm
Msg #30450

Lisa

Anyone whom posts here is posting at risk if they don't try to find the answer first. If you look back you can see the same daily questions. Why can't people read a little before they post for the first time? I did. I think when someone is told to use the search, they shouldn't get irrate and start name calling. This page is a notary chat forum not an encyclopedia. I can do 5 signings in one day and still find the time to post here, so get rid of the 'get a life' attitude.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/8/05 3:00pm
Msg #30452

hey not so "Charm"ing

SHUT up already. Do not speak unless you have something of meaning to say!

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/8/05 3:02pm
Msg #30453

Re: hey not so "Charm"ing

First off I was talking to someone with a name...coward
feel big and bad behind that handle do ya? lol

Reply by Ty_MN on 4/8/05 3:03pm
Msg #30454

did someone say something meaningful???

NOT

Reply by Lisa-Fl on 4/8/05 5:52pm
Msg #30519

Re: Lisa

Fine-they may be at risk to not get an answer but what makes some of the posters the Notary Rotary Police? They can choose to ignore the post and not help them. Also it very bad business to advertise yourself (as many of you do) and give all of your personal info out on a website and be unprofessional. Don't the rude posters think that the signing services read the posts. Some do. Don't they understand these companies don't want to hire wise guys with a higher than thou attitude. Hey I am just looking to learn something new myself. I don't know everything. But when I can help I don't belittle others.

Reply by Tecia_FL on 4/8/05 2:13pm
Msg #30433

What??? Questioning a person's place of employment. That's your job? I asked a notorial question not where you work or what you do. To bad that this type of thing is the only life that you have. I'm done with this crap. You, too, should move on to complaining about someone else's questions. I don't live on this board although, you can't tell by the amount of time I've spent here on this subject that has, by the way, moved completely away from the original question. Good day madam research and the rest of you negates....get a life, for heaven's sake.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 2:24pm
Msg #30440

Tecia - and please do not take this the wrong way!

But the question you asked was not really a notarial question, it is a legal question pertaining to real estate laws, and unless we are attornies we really cannot give advice on this matter.

As a notary public, you only need to be performing your notary duty on this - properly identifying the signers, making sure they understand what they are signing (and if they don't they need to seek legal advice), checking the document to make sure it is complete, and then having them sign it so you can notarize their signature.

When you get into the legalities of whether they are old enough to enter into this transaction, you are going above your notarial duties and into a legal realm, and the wrong answer could get you into trouble with the UPL counsel at the Florida bar.

Reply by Tecia on 4/8/05 2:56pm
Msg #30448

I said I was so done with this...but I had to say, "you're right". It is only my duty to check their Id's and make sure they know what they are signing. I just don't want to have to go to court for notarizing something that's illegal in the first place and then be told I should have known better. Again...THANK YOU...you're advice is well taken.

Reply by Becca/FL on 4/8/05 4:21pm
Msg #30484

Tecia said...

>>>I have two kids signing for a house a family member is selling them (1 - 17 year old and 1 - 20 year old). <<<

I reply again, The question you asked is pointless, as you are only Notarizing the signature(s) of the Grantor(s). Your concern is a non-issue. The Grantees do not sign the Deed.

How long have you been doing this?

Reply by Tecia on 4/9/05 12:43am
Msg #30630

Re: Tecia said...

It doesn't matter how long I've been doing this...People (real people who don't proclaim to know it all every day of their lives) still have questions. If you don't have questions then you're depriving yourself of much needed knowledge to fill the parts of your brain that is not water. Good morning.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 4:42pm
Msg #30490

Tecia - you do not have to worry

about being called into court. If you are it would only be to ascertain that the ID's matched the docs and you checked the ID. We cannot know the legal aspects of the particular documents. We are only notarizing the persons signature, we do not notarize a document. We put our seal on the document to notarize the person's signature and all we are certifying to is that the person personally appeared before us, swore to the truthfulness of the document, or acknowledged that they signed it of their own free will.

Reply by ssnotary on 4/8/05 2:33pm
Msg #30443

You are very right the board folks can be rude, it appears to be only a few folks, many seem helpful. Others must have very low self esteem to be so cutting....

Reply by Jon on 4/8/05 2:18pm
Msg #30438

Interesting thread,

Whether or not you notarize a document, any document, is not contingent on the signer being able to legally sign it. In Ca, if a person(of any age) appears before you, has the proper ID, makes a proper request, and pays the required fee, you MUST notarize it. As a notary, it is not my responsibility to make sure the signer is "legal". From a notary point of view, your question is irrelevant.

You may want to check your state statutes to make sure this applies to your state. Questions like these are good reasons to make sure we know our notary laws inside out and upside down.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 2:26pm
Msg #30441

Jon - you are correct:)

That is the point I have been trying to makeSmiley

Reply by Tecia-FL on 4/8/05 2:59pm
Msg #30451

Thank you. I took Sylvia's advice from FL, also. You're right on it, too. I just didn't want to end up in court because I notarized an illegal doc. I've heard before that if it smells funny then stay away. Even as a notary. Thanks again.

Reply by Stephen_VA on 4/8/05 3:23pm
Msg #30468

So long as you don't make legal recommendations to the person there is nothing wrong with wanting to understand the legalities of the situation. In so far as the notarization, that only says that the person acknowledged signing the doc and that you verified the identity. You are making no warranty as to the legality or enforceability of the document.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 4:53pm
Msg #30495

Tecia
As I have said in my previous post, you cannot be taken to court for notarizing an "illegal doc"
You are not notarizing the docs, you are just notarizing the signature. You are saying that the document was signed by the person you identified as the signer.

Putting a notary seal on a doc does not make it legal. Only says the signers identity is verified.
If an illegal doc has a notary seal on it, it doesn't change the fact that it is illegal. I have lost count of the number of times someone has asked me to notarize a document to "make it legal". I have to explain that I am not notarizing the document.

Reply by Stephen_VA on 4/8/05 3:15pm
Msg #30462

Minors Can Contract, etc. if they have ever been married

It is probably UPL to advise a person who comes to you about this, but the answer is "Yes".

Florida Statute 743.01 provides that minors who are or have been married "may assume the management of his estate, contract and be contracted with, sue and be sued, and perform all acts that he could do if not a minor". This is true even if the minor has had his or her marriage dissolved.

Mind you I'm in VA, but Google is my friend too and I have an insatiable curiosity. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.