Notary Rotary
Any San Joaquin county NSA's, tax question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by CaSigner on 4/1/05 4:02pm
Msg #29197

If you are commisioned in San Joaquin county. Did you need a business license? Any other licensing requirements that you know of either with the city your in or county? Thanks

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/1/05 4:13pm
Msg #29201

I did have my own business in Riverside county. I did need a business license from the city of Corona to have a home based business. I understand that having a license from the county rather than the city is the way to go, or each city you preform business in might require a separate license. For a SSA there should not be a problem having a license with the city as it would take someone to report you for doing business in a city you are not licensed with.
Hope that helps.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 4/1/05 6:09pm
Msg #29218

Erna is so right, but find out your city and county requirements. The fictitious business name is issued by the County but most cities require that you have a business license where your principally do most of your business. It is mainly determined by the address listed on your schedule C for principal place of business.

Reply by CaSigner on 4/1/05 6:20pm
Msg #29220

There in lies the problem. I called my city hall and asked them if I need any kind of license and they said they don't know so call the county. I called them and they said to call the city and ask them directly. I was hoping to find another NSA in my county to see whatvthey did.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/1/05 6:37pm
Msg #29223

Try this site........sjgov.org........
Good Luck

Reply by CaSigner on 4/1/05 10:58pm
Msg #29242

Thanks, and thanks for the website

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/1/05 11:08pm
Msg #29244

Re: Welcome. Hope it helped. n/m

Reply by Anne on 4/1/05 6:51pm
Msg #29225

Why Even Worry About It?

Why even worry about it? Just another fee/tax the government tries to twist out of small business owners.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.