Notary Rotary
Anyone else receive this Felicita CD?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by HollyNC on 4/11/05 8:15pm
Msg #31044

It arrived in the mail today; appears to be a 10-day trial version. I didn't request it, it was just sent to me, which makes me leary.

Reply by BeckyNC on 4/11/05 8:43pm
Msg #31050

I got it too. Out of curiosity, I loaded it and took a look. Complete waste of time and money ($95.65) IMHO. I have worked with a lot of software in former jobs,and this didn't look very helpful. You would be better off learning to use Quickbooks/Quicken to track income and expenses and something like Access or Act for contact info. I have also heard of better notary software out there. Now, if I could just figure out how to clean the disk so that I could recycle it......

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/11/05 9:31pm
Msg #31057

I got it too but didn't install it. I figured it was probably legit, but it's not the smartest thing to install an unknown .exe file on my computer.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/11/05 10:01pm
Msg #31060

I got it too, but didn't install it.
I looked at the info on the program several months ago and decided it wasn't worth it.

Reply by calipat on 4/12/05 1:26am
Msg #31085

I got it about 2 weeks ago and since I did not order anything I just threw it away. I don't like putting anything strange on my computer.

Reply by Reggie on 4/12/05 3:01am
Msg #31093

Just my opinion if you receive anything in the mail that you did not order it's yours to keep and do with as you please

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/12/05 7:54am
Msg #31105

And I would use it as a frisbee if I was to use it at allSmiley

Reply by Larry on 4/12/05 10:53am
Msg #31126

It's a good program - the programmer is in Northern CA, and she is very helpful and responds very quickly and efficiently to quieries.

It is complex, but once you learn it, it is extremely helpful. Those of you who cannot understand it - enjoy your game of frisbee. I take humbrage at people who know nothing of something using a public forum to debase it , especially, when it is clearly a legitimate effort.

It is one thing to say - I didn' t ask for it - I may not use it. I think making a joke of someone's efforts is rude. I actually "went for it" and now I use it to do all my tracking and billing, etc. GREAT PROGRAM Also - it works with quickbooks - very nicely, I might add.

I am so busy working, using Felicita, thats I don't have the time to play frisbee as much as I'd like. Must be fun!

By the way - I understand that my remarks may polarize those who read them, I am in NO WAY related to the prgrammer - what I am is a curious and intelligent human, who is not afraid of someting new, and I learned that there is a great program out there, called Felicita. That's it.! Now BACK TO WORK!!!!

Reply by Reggie on 4/12/05 10:58am
Msg #31129

Larry

If she should send me one I would try it and see how it works. I would also be glad to pass it on to other people in our business as well I would not just hord it.

Thank you

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by Larry on 4/12/05 11:22am
Msg #31134

I get tired of the jaded aspects of these forums. I have seen some of the regulars just trash people in the most offhand and rude way. I imagine the person who made the cd took some pains and care to make it. I like it and recommend it.

I find a lot of the regulars in here to engage in behaviour that to us public officers is just plain embarrassing - the poor attitude about other poeple's work is the first thing I would point out on that subject, where did we learn to be so disrespectful and curt?

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/12/05 12:09pm
Msg #31142

" I take humbrage at people who know nothing of something using a public forum to debase it , especially, when it is clearly a legitimate effort."

You can take all the "humbrage" you want, I personally haven't seen anybody debase anything. I saw one person say she installed it to check it out and thought it was a complete waste of time and money. That is called opinion. We're all entitled to have one, even if it's not filled with hugs and flowers and kittens.

I think YOU'RE the rude one for calling somebody rude for expressing an opinion of this product in a thread that's basically asking for opinions. It's fine that you like the product, but don't be such a jerk about those who disagree with you.

Reply by Larry on 4/12/05 12:52pm
Msg #31172

**I think YOU'RE the rude one for calling somebody rude for expressing an opinion of this product in a thread that's basically asking for opinions.**

I was referring to someone else. I think the expression of opinion is just fine. I was clear. I think everyone who reads my message is going to understand that. I wasn't rude.

anyway...

Reply by Larry on 4/12/05 1:22pm
Msg #31193

And further more Cali Notary

I wasn't being a jerk. But you sure as heck are! Must every post you make be just anotner opportunity to force your bile into this potentially brilliant place. Well, go be unhappy in your own private hell, you obviously living in one, there are those of us who can live without name-calling. I know there are some of us who like it too.

You are so very very SAD!. How is it that you got to be so very piitful? Who hurt you?I know I didn't! You must be so put upon in life, because all adults know that behaviour like yours, this causeless lashing out, is because YOU HAVE BEEN ABUSED.

Pity I feel... and sorrow... and embarrassment that you actually call yourself "CaliNotary." You represent niether the great state of CA nor the great tradition of public service that is being a NOTARY.

You are so text-book - why don't tell us about that while you puke your ugliness. So we can gain a perspective on how truly ugly your life is! probably not - that would be too insightful and honest.

Along with our protest over low fees we should proest people like this person CAliNotary who give us all great cause for emabarrassment. Public Service does not have room for this type of sophomoric bs. we come from a long tradition of service. Rememeber that the bottom line is trust. When you advertise that you play frisbee with people work - the word "trust" does not immediatley pop up.

I cannot imagine inviting you into my home. You horrify me.

I read your posts and I see truly useful information, but this cannot be all for you - and then you punctuate it with your typical coarse RUDE comments. I wasn't a jerk at all, with you stinking up this room with your noinsense, there is very little room for anyone else to be one. YOU EMBODY IT! USE SOME SELF CONTROL

I am leaving this room fo0rever - I don't need to participate in your jaded notes any longer - the information here is useless when coupled with the poison spewed by these vipers.

Best to all of you except that stinkpot.

Okay - now I'm a jerk too,

Happy?

Reply by Larry on 4/12/05 1:58pm
Msg #31203

Re: And further more Cali Notary

Pardon the typos - I was upset and typing too quickly. Having read what I wrote -that is all I care to take back. The rest is accurate.

Reply by Dave_CA on 4/12/05 5:22pm
Msg #31277

Back to the Felicita program...

I received the CD and tried it out.
I have since paid for the program.
I used to work with ACT but that program has gotten too bulky and cumbersome. At least in my opinion.
I do like the Mobile Notary program and I would recommend at least looking at the demo that is part of the CD. Then everyone can make an informed choice for themselves.

I will add that I had a small problem with the install and Gabi, the developer, has been very helpful and responsive.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.