Notary Rotary
Application Signing
Notary Discussion History

Application Signing
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Lisa/WI on 4/1/05 7:27am
Msg #29083

Application Signing

Could someone please elaborate on this? I am familiar with what it is being in the real estate business, but not what our role as a signing agent or a notary would be? TIA

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/1/05 7:44am
Msg #29085

I don't think there would be much difference. My experience is that you collect signatures and make sure the package gets back into the FEDEX/UPS box.

Reply by Lisa/WI on 4/1/05 7:58am
Msg #29089

Morning Brenda!! By the previous post it sounds like there might be some driving around to get those signatures? Curious, because up here in yankeeville, the lender usually takes care of this. Something to check out to expand my profile as a notary/signing agent.

Reply by Deb/CO on 4/1/05 9:22am
Msg #29107

Mine have all been from brokers out of state. They give you the borrowers contact info, you print some docs, go meet with the borrowers and sigs on those docs (no notarizations at this time), collect docs the broker has requested from them and send it all back to the broker. When it's ready to close, you usually will get the call for that, too. The 'driving part' seems to be a theme--mine have not been very close to me, so maybe brokers that know their borrowers are a little more remote provide this extra level of service and convenience for the borrower. In-state brokers can pick the stuff up themselves, out of state, well, you get the idea.

Reply by ColleenCA on 4/1/05 9:40am
Msg #29113

Re: Application Signing- Forgive my ignorance

I did a search and found nothing on application signings. Is it an application for the loan or is it something to do with the real estate itself. I ask this because Deb/CO mentions that " in-state brokers can pick the stuff up themselves". Thanks!

Reply by Deb/CO on 4/1/05 9:44am
Msg #29115

Re: Application Signing- Forgive my ignorance

Yes, the 1003 and other assorted RESPA docs.

Reply by ColleenCA on 4/1/05 10:00am
Msg #29119

Re: Application Signing- Forgive my ignorance-Deb/CO

Thanks for the answer. Is this something you market yourself to the real estate agent or the lender/escrow? Thanks

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 4/1/05 2:05pm
Msg #29168

Re: Application Signing- Forgive my ignorance-Deb/CO

You can send your information directly to the brokers who are not in your area. Try towns who are at least 100 miles away. I gave my card to a broker a couple of months ago and he has networked me to some other people. I do the initial application, send this back (invoiced), and I do the closing (another invoice) This can be a $300 or more deal for you with (careful planning).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.