Notary Rotary
Archer Land Title
Notary Discussion History

Archer Land Title
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BeccaWI on 4/7/05 1:28pm
Msg #30179

Archer Land Title

Has anyone done work with them recently? I just spoke to a girl from their office in Indiana and she wanted to put me in her data base BUT here is the clincher.....their fees are 75.00 that includes 50 miles and email docs.

She was really nice but I had to decline. She stated she has a lot of agents who work for that price. I politely explained I would not be one of them.

Reply by Susan/OH on 4/7/05 1:45pm
Msg #30185

I had a call from a guy in their Indy office that was recruiting for their Cincinnati office, he gave me the womans number and name to contact in Cincy, I did we had a meeting and she said that she would start using me but hasn't as of yet. My fees were not what that guy told you, thats ridiculous. Maybe thats why she hasn't called.

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/7/05 1:55pm
Msg #30190

I really hope you can get your fees! The girl I spoke to seemed really nice and would have loved to work with them, I just can't afford working for that low!

Reply by Ali-IL on 4/7/05 2:20pm
Msg #30193

I got a call from them too. The interview started like it was a high paying company. Then, when I asked about their fees it was $75 with edocs withing 50 miles. When I told them it was too low, she mentioned volume. I haven't heard from them yet.

Reply by MI_Notary on 4/7/05 3:17pm
Msg #30211

Re: Archer Land Title - Signings in Michigan

I have worked for them through A-1 Notary (which was recently a topic of discussion regarding an email of a decrease of fees in Michigan for a particular company) and I have always gotten paid from the signing company, so I guess A-1 must get paid from them. (so that is a plus for Archer). However, the documents are generally late, which makes me late for other appointments. I guess by reading this, now I understand why A-1 sent the email needing to decrease the fees I am normally paid for a signing with them. However, like everyone else, I am not willing to work for only $75 (50 mile radius & w/ e-docs). [Lets stick together on this]. I had another company call today and said $50 for overnight w/in a 25 mile radius. What is happening here?? Gas prices are only going to continue to go up and companies, including title companies seem to continue to drop prices. Is there something wrong with that picture?? Any thoughts??

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/7/05 3:28pm
Msg #30216

I think it's supply in demand. I turned down a $50. signing and the woman says "well, we are overnighting the pkg to you!" Right and then expect me to drive 85 miles r.t. was my reply
There are some desperate notaries out there taking whatever they can get because they aren't calling me back! grrrr

Reply by Tina-IN on 4/7/05 3:35pm
Msg #30218

I actually do a lot of closings for Archer. The girl from the Indiana office also contacted me. At first, I thought the fees were low too, but I still agreed to their guidelines. Once I got in with the company and they started sending me closings it was worth it. They have sent a lot of closings to me since then and that was only 1 month ago. The experience I have had with them has been pretty pleasant so far. I would love my docs 2 hours ahead of time, but who wouldn't. They do come late sometimes especially around the end of the month, but any other time I usually get them in a timely manner. I have also got paid for my closings pretty quickly. I would suggest giving them a shot if you can afford it.

Reply by Chris-WI on 4/7/05 4:51pm
Msg #30237

Re: Archer Land Title- Who are they?????

How big is this company? Does anyone know anything about them????

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/7/05 8:52pm
Msg #30282

Re: Tina/In

I am glad that you are getting a lot of signings and it works for you but I see that I would be losing money on this deal. I just can't afford to travel 50 miles and print edocs for 75.00. Each person has their own situation. But if I may ask, how many are "a lot"?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/8/05 12:27am
Msg #30323

Yeah. You'll loose a little on each signing, ...

... but you'll make it up in volume.

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/8/05 7:32am
Msg #30341

Re: Yeah. You'll loose a little on each signing, ...

but how much volume?

Reply by Tina-IN on 4/8/05 9:25am
Msg #30358

Re: Tina/In

Throughout the past month they have called me at least 4-5 times a week with closings in my area and some of them are within 10 miles away, so if I do have to drive close to 50 miles for them I think it will be worth it. It all balances out, just like Ernest said.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.