Arizona Signing Agents
Notary Discussion History

Arizona Signing Agents
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Kim/CA on 4/15/05 1:48pm
Msg #31992

Arizona Signing Agents

Hi,
Currently I am a California Certified Signing Agent, for each signing I make $125.00 (working with title companies only). We will be moving to Arizona soon, can anyone tell me what the average signing payment with a title company and/or signing services is?

Thank you for your time!

Reply by MaggieMae on 4/15/05 4:05pm
Msg #32034

Hi Kim, I'm in San Diego and just starting off. I'm starting with SS and wanted to break into working with title companies. Any advise for soliciting them?

Reply by JanetK/CA on 4/15/05 5:31pm
Msg #32059

San Diego is one of the most saturated areas for signing agents. I suggest you first focus on learning the trade and getting lots of experience before you even think about title companies. Unless you already really know what you're doing, they aren't going to want to even talk to you -- and if you do get lucky and get some assignments that way, they won't have the patience a ss would for answering your questions. (That's part of what ss get paid for.) I recommend you don't burn your bridges by going after title companies just yet.

There's lots more to learn about this business than what meets the eye and that's what any new person should be focused on. Once you have a real solid foundation of learning and experience, you'll have something to talk about with the title companies and won't risk looking foolish or being caught unprepared or uninformed. Like anything else, there's no free lunch in this business. There are dues to be paid, one way or another. JMHO

Reply by MaggieMae on 4/18/05 11:46am
Msg #32439

Hi Janet... Thanks for your insight... Although I am a new California notary and signing agent; I have been in this business for 16 years. I was a legal assistant/notary in New Jersey and did closings. I also worked for a mortgage company in their closing/post closing departments. The difference now is that doing closings was part of my job in New Jersey while working in the lawfirm as opposed to going out and soliciting business now.

Reply by Kathi/AZ on 4/17/05 7:52pm
Msg #32372

In my experience it is what the service is willing to pay. I put out a figure and they either agree or ask if I can go lower. I usually ask 75 for a closing, $25 more if they are edocs, $125 for piggybacks and go from there. Rerely do I do one for less than $75.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.