Notary Rotary
Canadian Immigration Papers in L.A.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by L.A./NSA on 4/22/05 6:18pm
Msg #33412

Received a call to notarize next week some immigration papers from a Canadian working in L.A. Did a search here and couldn't find any info. Does anyone know which documents these may be (Affidavit of Support (1-134, I-864?), and if they usually need a Jurat or Ack (if not so indicated on the paperwork)? Haven't seen the papers yet (5 pages)..
.Also, should I charge per signature or for the 5 pages as one document? TYIA

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/22/05 7:00pm
Msg #33416

If the documents don't have notarial wording on them, then you cannot make the decision as to what certificate to attach, the signer or the document preparer is going to have to instruct you.

Your allowable notary fees are $10 per each signature you are notarizing. If all 5 pages need notarizing then you can charge the per signature fee on each page. (or you may want to give them a break with multiple notarizations)

I just did an Affidavit of Support yesterday, it had the notary block on it.

Here are the two documents in question.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864.htm

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm

Reply by L.A./NSA on 4/22/05 7:05pm
Msg #33419

Re: Canadian Immigration Papers/Thank You Sylvia!

Sylvia,

I so appreciate your prompt and informative reply. This is a big help to me, links and all.
You are such a gift to others. Thank you!

Reply by ssnotary on 4/22/05 7:20pm
Msg #33421

Re: Canadian Immigration Papers/Thank You Sylvia!

Yes, I too adore Sylvia, she is a wealth of information and so kind in her offer of assistance. Thank you Sylvia, I downloaded the forms also, never know when I might need them. Thank you!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.