Notary Rotary
Cert. testing frustration & failure
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by SamIam_CA on 4/7/05 2:30pm
Msg #30197

I am so frustrated! I've studied using the 123Notary e-book and the huge book from The Signing Registry. I have read the first 8200 posts on NotRot as well. I will keep reading until I've caught up. I pay special attention to posts by Hugh, PAW, Brenda, Sylvia and Oldbie. Yesterday I took and failed the test on SignTrack (1st American Signature Services) and today I ran out of time and failed the 123Notary Exam. Is this common? Are there any sucessful NSAs out there who also bombed out at first too? Sign me - So Sad :(

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/7/05 3:06pm
Msg #30205

Sam Only - No one else read this...Don't be sad...

Sam, I am coming out just for you.

I have failed the FASS, not once, but twice.
I have failed the SR test.
I have only passed the NNA test because you take it until you pass.

My track record proves I do my job really well because I do double duty on checking my work and have routines that make it possible to be error free. In 250+ jobs I have missed exactly one notarial seal and that was in my first four months.

No other package has ever been judged less than perfect.

I am a good NSA, but I cannot take a test online. I have a note from the doc for when I am in college classes that I have a slight learning disability (ADD/Dyslexia) and I have to be able to take tests with paper/pencil and get a little extra time.

If I cannot use a pencil to tic off and eliminate the wrong info in multiple choice exams I simply cannot take a test successfully. I can zip through oral tests when I am blindsided with them on the phone, and I can write the correct answers out in essay form, but online tests which are timed--I fail them every time.

Reply by Less sad Sam on 4/8/05 1:38pm
Msg #30428

Re: Sam Only - No one else read this...Don't be sad...

Brenda - thanx so much for your honesty! I will definately take the NNA test to regain my slightly shattered confidence. Have a great weekend.
Sam

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.