Notary Rotary
Conflict
Notary Discussion History

Conflict
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BeccaWI on 4/17/05 10:52am
Msg #32320

Conflict

Does anyone think if I worked for a mortgage or title co and did this on the side would be a conflict of interest?

I am thinking of doing that to learn the trade better! Thanks to who all apply!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/17/05 10:53am
Msg #32321

No conflict n/m

Reply by Ninna_La on 4/17/05 11:53am
Msg #32332

(Responded to you on GMN as well). You may want to check with your company first before persuing taking signings on the side. I managed an escrow branch for a national title company in Phoenix... where I had an employee who wanted to do this part-time on the side. After checking with Human Resources, it was determined that the company did consider it a conflict of interest. Their decision was that if she decided to do this on the side, she would not be able to continue to work at the title company. She ended up quitting and performing signings full-time, but it didn't last long and she ended up working at another title company. Just food for thought... good luck.

Reply by LuLu on 4/17/05 3:42pm
Msg #32344

I have been asked by a few companies what I do full-time. I inquired why I was being asked that question and I was told that they do not want anyone who also works for a lender or is in real estate because they had problems with some of those signing agents also trying to solicit business ( which is a conflict). I currently do signings full-time but before this I was in the mortgage industry for 7 years. The companies that I worked for did not allow LO's to do signings on the side, but I guess it all depends on the company. Best to check first.

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/17/05 4:31pm
Msg #32346

It all makes sense as to why I shouldn't. I just wish there was a way to learn and understand the laws and WI state specific forms! So frustrating! Oh well I guess time and experience will be the best teacher. Thanks for the responses!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/17/05 6:16pm
Msg #32365

Yes, time and experience are wonderful teachersSmiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.