Notary Rotary
Connecticut Notaries Beware!! Update...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by John/CT on 4/6/05 4:15pm
Msg #29993

The check arrived!!! Its amazing what the threat of an arrest warrant will do. Jacquie did pay me for the bank fees that I incurred but not for the shortage that she agreed to pay. FYI. The check came from a new bank account and get this, now she is doing business as DBA Complete Closings. Just keep that in mind if you should get a call. It is my understanding that this is not the first time that she has changed company names.
Good luck to you all!
John

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/6/05 10:36pm
Msg #30076

Thanks for the update. I have been following your messages. I was not aware that one could call the police on a bad check. It has been an education, I might say. Get her for the shortage... BBB, Small Claim. She probably will not want the hassle from you and will pay. What are your thoughts on this?

Reply by John/CT on 4/7/05 8:11pm
Msg #30273

I will do whatever can to remedy the situation. Apparently many signing companies feel that they can refuse to pay smaller amounts of money believing that you wont try to collect the small amount. I think that over time this would add up for a company that handles twenty or more closings a day. I was shorted fifty dollars. Even if this amount is repeated five times a day, well you do the math.
John

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.