Notary Rotary
Did I do the correct thing?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BeccaWI on 4/27/05 10:37am
Msg #34309

I received a call from Professional Settlement Services to do a Refi tomorrow night. He ran down the list of how many times I call to check in and when(there were a lot of times I had to call).

Then we discussed fees, they wanted to pay me $75.00 for edocs+base fee, I explained that I cant do it and gave him my fee, he asked if I could do it for $85.00, lower than my normal fee.

Did I do the right thing? I could have met him half way but I explained since I have never worked with them before, I had to stay with my quoted amount. I also was thinking, for as many times as I have to call in, they should be paying me my fee!

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/27/05 10:50am
Msg #34310

YES

Becca, they usually meet your fee, maybe they have a list of notaries to call...also they do not pay if it doesn't fund and they do not pay a trip fee...for all the extra crap they put you through, they should be paying at the very least $125.

do a search at gmn and read all about them
I can't stand doing a search there because after one post if you hit the back button you go back to the search box...I really wish the'yd fix that!

Reply by Judith_VA on 4/27/05 1:24pm
Msg #34355

Re: YES

Sorry to sound like a dope, but what is gmn?

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/27/05 1:27pm
Msg #34356

Re: YES

That isn't dopy! I understand! GMN=gomobilenotary.com!

Reply by Judith_VA on 4/27/05 1:43pm
Msg #34359

Thanks,n/m

Reply by Kim on 4/27/05 10:57am
Msg #34314

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer as it really comes down to personal choice. $75 is defniately too low for e-docs around here, but I don't know what your area is like there. Normally I would not have accepted, but if you caught me on a good day with all the planets aligning properly and if I was in a real givng mood, I may have accepted the $85 - but that is highly unlikely! :-)

But again, it is totally a personal choice. Everyone has their opinion on fees, but you really have to figure out what works best for YOU and then stick to it. We have lost several potential clients because we would not accept their fees. We may not have the volume of business but we make up for it by limiting our clients to those who pay well.

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/27/05 11:15am
Msg #34317

I did do what I felt was best, yes I have been really slow and could have done it but I wanted to "stick" together with the fellow notaries and stand by my fees! I don't charge a lot as it is!

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure what I did, others would do!

Reply by jojo_MN on 4/27/05 11:44am
Msg #34324

Thank you very much for sticking to your guns and supporting your fellow notaries. I personally have someone in my area who is undercutting me at rediculous prices. I've lost a few, but the companies that know that I am extremely dependable and don't make mistakes are loyal to me. The good ones should be loyal to you also. Keep it up and have a great day!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.