Notary Rotary
Font size help
Notary Discussion History

Font size help
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Della on 4/1/05 2:24pm
Msg #29175

Font size help

Hi ,I need a little help,I was to recieve docs overnight for some reason it can't happen that way so they now will be edoc.I was asked to make sure they were printed with font size #10,ok two questions how do I find out what size I am at now and how do I change the size????I have a HP 1320 TN.
Thank You so much for any help.I did a search but found nothing to help.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/1/05 2:27pm
Msg #29177

I have never seen a wiver that gives you the option for font size.
That is a new one.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/1/05 2:29pm
Msg #29178

Re: Word doc. gives you option for font size. n/m

Reply by Annie on 4/1/05 3:36pm
Msg #29186

What's a wiver?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/1/05 3:52pm
Msg #29192

Isn't it obvious what a wifer is? A husband.

Seriously, a viewer.

Reply by Annie on 4/1/05 3:56pm
Msg #29194

VIEWER? Boy you must have an Erna/English dictionary!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/1/05 4:01pm
Msg #29196

Better than a dictionary, ...

... I have a son who taught me how to re-read.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/1/05 5:57pm
Msg #29214

Re: Better than a dictionary, ...

How many times did we tell our kiddos:

Use context

Sound it out

Find the root words

Smiley

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 4/1/05 3:12pm
Msg #29183

Della,

If the docs are in WORD format (.doc) then all you have to do is highlight the whole text and then selecting the font size from the FORMAT tab at teh top of ths screen and then select the FONT option. a new widow will pop up and will give you the option to change it to whatever you need - good luck

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/1/05 3:37pm
Msg #29188

You do not need to do anything. The person creating the documents will specify the font size in the document. Just be sure not to use any resizing options (like "fit to page") when printing and the font size will be maintained.

When I receive a Word document, quite often I don't even open it. I just print it (which launches Word and prints without opening the document for view/editing).

Reply by Nd/WA on 4/1/05 3:52pm
Msg #29191

Most often even if docs are in word/excel, the document is locked to prevent unauthorized editing. I do the same when emailing invoices instead of faxing.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 4/2/05 10:03am
Msg #29253

I have a question for the technicaly challenged, like me:-)

I recieved a Grant Deed and a Statement of information by fax for a emergency signatures. When I went to print the docs, they were minaturized. So small they were unreadable. I tried everything to try and get them print normal. Cleared fit to page, ect. Still nothing. I went into properties, clicked on effects, and then increased the size of the document by percentage to 115% and clicked back on fit to page. This increased the size of document so it was easily readable. I felt I had no choice as the borrower could not read the document, and the County Recorder would not have recorded it. What would you have done???? TIA

Reply by Dogmonger,Ca on 4/2/05 10:15am
Msg #29255

PS: For PAW, NM

NM

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 4/2/05 10:57am
Msg #29257

I use a internet fax that transfers my faxes to PDF files NM

NM

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/2/05 11:10am
Msg #29261

Re: I have a question for the technicaly challenged, like me

The person who scanned it in, probably had the scanner set to reduce legal to letter (24% reduction). That would cause even letter size docs to get shrunk by 24%, so when you printed it, it would be 3/4 the original size. Increasing your view and printing (assuming PDF) should be fine. Just remember that typically, deeds are printed on letter (8½x11) size paper, with a 3" margin in the top right corner for recording information, and a 1" margin at the bottom (this may be state dependent).

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 4/2/05 11:16am
Msg #29262

The GD was actually scanned in on Legal vs Letter

I thought that was odd, as most deeds I see are on letter. But I went ahead and printed it on legal, thinking that whoever sent it, did so for a specific reason. When I brought up the document in a PDF file and clicker vier, and click on orgignal size, the document originally printed matched the screen exactly. I just assumed the problem was on that person's end. Thanks for the info:-)

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 4/2/05 10:46am
Msg #29256

ok question from technicaly challenged new-wouldn't you open the doc and quickly scan over the doc before printing it just in case the docs are incorrect? And please don't flame me I've been reluctant to post over the last couple of days due to the trolling on the boards.

Thanks for the advice on the "fit to page" issue.

One good thing is my hubby is a propeller head so if any of my equipment does get wierd I can get his help...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.