Notary Rotary
GEORGIA AND SOUTH CAROLINA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by USLTD1 on 4/15/05 12:31pm
Msg #31966

I have been asked to conduct closings in Georgia and South Carolina. These are attorney states. I was wondering if anyone knows of any attorneys in these states that may conduct witness only closings. I do have a small database of attorneys, but am looking for South Carolina or even a suggestion as to where to look for them. Thanks.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/15/05 1:25pm
Msg #31984

Try:

www.attorneyhunter.com
http://lawyers.findlaw.com

These may help you.

Reply by Lawyer_GA on 4/15/05 1:45pm
Msg #31989

There are numerous GA lawyers listed at this site who perform GA closings.

Reply by usltd on 4/15/05 3:03pm
Msg #32016

thanks for the info. I didn't even look. duh.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/15/05 4:07pm
Msg #32036

Is South Carolina an attorney only state? I was just told by another signing service that it wasn't??

Reply by joe/nc on 4/15/05 6:57pm
Msg #32062

Sylvia

It is definetely an attorney state. Im in Charlotte NC and we are not but I am on hte border of SC and have done some SC closings by having them come to my state.

Joe/NC

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/15/05 8:35pm
Msg #32089

Hmmm I had a conversation with Monica of AMR who was asking on GMN for a notary to do a signing in South Carolina, I called and told her I thought it was an attorney only state, and she said it wasn't. Then she did locate a notary to do the signing.

This is the thread

http://members.boardhost.com/gomobilenotary/msg/172945.html

It isn't mentioned in the thread about it being an attorney only state, that was in a phone conversation with Monica.

You may want to add to that thread and cite where the info can be found on it being an attorney only state - or if you want post here where the info can be found and I will put it in that thread.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.