Notary Rotary
Gas - planning for the worst ???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 4/7/05 9:07am
Msg #30121

As in every business, you have to look at what if.....

What if there is gas rationing? I'm sure some on this board remember odd/even days. For those who don't, back around 1980 you could only fill up on even days of the month if you license plate's last number was even. Same with odd. Just renewed license plate on spare car - luckily is is even - my main vehicle is odd.

I'm in a relatively rural area - average 50+ miles R/T per signing. Prices aren't as bad as a lot of places, but my cost/signing for fuel probably exceeds that of many of the urban NSAs.

My gas bill last month was $ 370.00. (I average 3500+ miles/month which includes driving for my other business).

I'm considering having a friend of mine, who owns some farm land, putting in a 1000 gallon fuel tank. If we do , we may have to hire a guard !!!!

Plan ahead.

Art

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 4/7/05 9:13am
Msg #30126

Even day + maximum $2 purchase! Which filled my tank :) /nm

:(

Reply by christi/socal on 4/7/05 10:36am
Msg #30148

I had odd day and was appalled at .37cents a gallon! :( n/m

Reply by Reggie on 4/7/05 12:01pm
Msg #30164

Re: I had odd day and was appalled at .37cents a gallon! :(

Another thing that affects is the fee per mile of a signing. I have already adjusted my fee to represent the cost of fuel.

Reggie
Kansas

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.