Notary Rotary
Going out alone - thanx for the tips!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by SamIam_CA on 4/11/05 12:57pm
Msg #30907

Hi everyone! I feel like I know some of you. I have read the first 12480 posts (so far) and today I got my first call. Thanks to your input I knew to check to see if this company was on any avoid lists. I knew how much to charge for the e-docs and that I'd need my laser printer ready with legal size paper. I have my signature flags ready to put in the far margins. I will make sure that the docs include the note, DOT, HUD-1, TIL and RTC. I will make sure that I have two copies of the RTC for each signer. I will make sure that the docs are dated with today's date and the RTC is dated for Thursday. I will show the signers the RTC first to put them at ease. I will make sure the signers sign their names exactly as they are typed on all docs. I will try to remember to breath! Thanks for your support Smiley
Sam

Reply by jojo_MN on 4/11/05 1:05pm
Msg #30908

Sounds like you are ready. It's nice to see you did your homework. Good luck, SamIam!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/11/05 1:26pm
Msg #30914

Good luckSmiley

And if you like, click on my profile, and take my contact numbers with you in case you need any questions answered that I may be able to help you with.

Yes, do not forget to breatheSmiley And when you get to the appointment, look confident like you have done this a million times before and it will set the borrowers at their ease tooSmiley

Reply by shh on 4/11/05 1:31pm
Msg #30916

Hi:

I wish you luck !!

I was wondering if you would e-mail me [e-mail address]

I live in CA too, and I was wanting to ask you a few questions ..if you dont mind !!

Thanks !

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/11/05 7:55pm
Msg #31034

Ask away - I just sent you my private e-mail address...

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/12/05 2:05pm
Msg #31204

Did you get my e-mail? I put notary rotary in the subject line.

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/11/05 2:02pm
Msg #30928

Re: 12,480 posts!!!!.........

My goodness, you must have taken Hugh's fervent entreaties to newbies (OK OK; I know he hates that word) to heart. Good for you.

As far as which docs to show the signers first, I think the general consensus is that you should show them the HUD-1 or the Truth in lending statement, some docs that have some figures on them. Because if you are going to run into some problems and the borrowers become recalcitrant, it will probably be because of a review of those docs. And if problems are going to happen, you definitely want them to happen sooner rather than later.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/11/05 8:01pm
Msg #31036

Re: 12,480 posts!!!!.........

The NotRot board has become my own little soap opera. The posts I was reading yesterday were from around Thanksgiving 2004. Hugh said that he and his B&T wife would reconsile(sp?) when the Red Sox win a world series. Huummm - I wonder...

I followed your advise and did the HUD-1 and TIL right after the RTC. They did have a question on the TIL so we called the Loan Officer who answered right away and then they signed it all.
Smiley

Reply by Art_MD on 4/11/05 2:09pm
Msg #30932

Re: check for color of ink required !! n/m

Reply by DellaCa on 4/11/05 2:28pm
Msg #30940

Re: Good Luck

What part of Ca. are you in?Let us know how it went.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/11/05 8:05pm
Msg #31037

Re: Good Luck

I'm in San Diego and it went great! In and out their door in exactly one hour. Re-checked the docs before sealing the FedEx envelope - missed one set (of over 50) initals. Got back to borrowers less than 10 minutes after I left to get the missed initals. They didn't seem to mind a bit - and the SS and Loan Officer will never be the wiser. Made the 5pm FedEx cut off with 10 minutes to spare.
Sam

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 4/12/05 5:25pm
Msg #31279

Re: Good Luck-You did great Sam, because you were prepared!!

Reply by Susan/CA on 4/11/05 4:12pm
Msg #30969

I am with you SamIam.. all the classes I took and the money I spent on them could have been used on a mini vacation. Almost every question you could ever ask is here, all you have to do is search. I have learned almost everything from the posts on here and on The Signing Registry.

Thank you everyone!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/11/05 8:11pm
Msg #31041

There wasn't anything in the CA book I studied to become a notary that would have helped me with this. In addition to everyone on here who posts regularly - Hugh, Paw, Brenda, Sylvia, Oldbie and CaliNotary - I'd like to publicly thank Kathy at the Signing Registry who offered to help me last week when I failed two certification tests.

FYI - I got this job from my listing on 123notary and I just signed up with them last week!
Sam

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/11/05 5:04pm
Msg #30982

Good luck, SamIam! You should do fine. n/m

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/11/05 8:19pm
Msg #31045

Now - to check a few facts....

I did have a tiny bit of worry over two jurats in the loan docs. Each borrower had to fill out and sign a signature/name affidavit for their AKAs. The notorial wording section said 'subscribed and sworn before me' but it did not have the rest of the new California wording for 2005 - all that personally appeared stuff. So I added a stamp to the page with the appropriate wording. I did the same on the E&O jurat. Do you guys this that was the right thing to do?
Second Guessing Sam

Reply by Marla_NorCal on 4/11/05 8:30pm
Msg #31047

Re: Now - to check a few facts....

Yep, you did it right. I'm assuming you have the stamp with the new Cali wording on it and you just fill in the blanks. If there is not enough room for the stamp on a a doc, you can just write it on.
Congrats on your first call!
Marla

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/12/05 11:05am
Msg #31132

Re: CA jurat stamp

Should I have crossed out their notorial section, left it blank, or filled it in? I filled it in, put the stamp right next to it and filled that in as well. Was that overkill?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.