Notary Rotary
Got a call for $50.Signing for tommarrow, I said
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Dellaca on 4/22/05 11:32pm
Msg #33467

Sorry I'm not going to _____ for $50.She asked my fee for overnight docs I said $85. she laughed and said listen we are a ss and we pay $50. so I said sorry goodbye,she yelled oh don't hang up I said oh ok what can I do for you then? She said can you do it fo $ 65. I said no ,I will go there for $75.She said ok I'll have to do it then. Its for tomarrow I am happy with myself for holding out!

Reply by Anonymous on 4/22/05 11:36pm
Msg #33468

Nice going, way to stick to your guns.

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 4/23/05 12:01am
Msg #33470

Re: Got a call for $50.Signing for tomorrow, I said

I get plenty of calls from SS $50 company's that aren't regulars. I tell these company's that my normal signing fee is $75. If it's at the end of the month they meet my price 50% of the time. Beginning of the month we split the difference for $65, again 50 % of the time. It pay's to dicker with company's that only call you once in a blue moon. At least, that's my experience. The bonus is that I'm now a regular with many companies that started out as end of month frenzies.

Reply by Melody on 4/23/05 12:42am
Msg #33473

Good for you! n/m

Reply by Victoria/FL on 4/23/05 8:19am
Msg #33496

Way to go!! n/m

Reply by txnotary on 4/23/05 11:48am
Msg #33528

Re: Way to go!! n/m

i too, got a call for a $50 signing and after getting all the info I gave her my standard fee of 75, and she did not sound like she was happy but said ok. What get's me is i show up for the signing but the borrower never shows, no one calls me to let me know he's not coming, 45 mins later i call and they say "oh they cancelled" so i get 1/2 my fee, later that day SS calls back to reschedule for next day, then that night SS calls back to say it's now on Friday, same place. Friday i show up 20 mins after our meeting time, still no one here.....so I call and the SS says they know nothing about it, she'll call her client, in the meantime i call the borrower (which sometimes we aren't suppose to do) and was told they are at the location wtg for me. The location was changed but no one told me.........so the SS wants me to rearrange my afternoon to get the signing done, so luckily i am able to then i mention that my fee is going up and SS says "other notaries don't do that" well other notaries did not have to rearrange their pm schedule to accomidate this signing.....she then agreed. Do they think we have nothing else to do? guess im just venting, thanks

Reply by Anonymous on 4/23/05 4:50pm
Msg #33560

No more 50.00 No more 50.00 No more 50.00

I got a call yesterday, I was taking a shower for my 6PM app. they wanted to travel
36miles both ways for 50.00 dollars. I told no! My price at the end of the month is 75.00
dollars. She said oh no thats when we do e docs, I told her when I do e docs its 100.00 dollars
if its not over 200 both copies. I WILL CALL YOU LATER THEN. She called 10 minutes later
and agreed to 75.00.

And guys this a SS that never pays more than 50.00

So keep on asking for more Please.

Thank you

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.