Notary Rotary
Gypped by Veri-Docs
Notary Discussion History

Gypped by Veri-Docs
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 4/26/05 12:14pm
Msg #34044

Gypped by Veri-Docs

Got a call from Veri-Docs for signing. Scheduler begged me to accept and since it was only 1.5Mi away I agreed to $75 with edoc. Noticed on Settlement Statement Veri-Docs fee to the Title Co. (paid by borrower) for $200. How Do You Like That!!!

Makes me wonder why TC use SS companies and pay $200???

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/26/05 12:28pm
Msg #34048

Please use a different phrase...

I'm a firm believer in free speach BUT...unless you think that Veridocs is owned and operated by actual Gypsies would you please use a different term in the future? Thanks!
Sam
P.s. why are you posting anon? If you are really upset by your fee, don't work for them again. No reason to hide your identity...

Reply by Gypsie King -E. Europe on 4/26/05 12:37pm
Msg #34052

I feel GYPPED

I am Gypsie and feel much gypped by not having heritage of gypping acknowledged by the generally accepted word.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/26/05 1:32pm
Msg #34073

I am Gypsie?

If this were true then you should know it is spelled Gypsy not Gypsie.

Because of a prejudicial stereotype, gyp, a slang term, came to mean to cheat or to swindle. Like many such terms, people may be unaware that they are using offensive and prejudicial words.

By all means - if you would like to be known as offensive and prejudice - be my guest.

Reply by HisHughness on 4/26/05 5:16pm
Msg #34146

Re: Please use a different phrase...

SamIam requests:

***...unless you think that Veridocs is owned and operated by actual Gypsies would you please use a different term in the future?***

For what it's worth, Sam, I agree with you. No poster on this board would get away with saying he got "niggered," or "greasered," or "Pollacked." Bigotry is an evil that saps the compassion right out of humanity, and it begins with the sort of stereotyping embodied in the word "gypped." The result of such bigotry is apparent in how differently we treat the Jewish victims of the Holocaust and the Gypsy victims, who were likewise almost exterminated in Europe by the Nazis. I don't know who Gypsy King E. Europe is, but I know what he is -- a small-minded bigot.

I don't reply to anonymous posters, but since some of the other posters on the forum, some of whom I have much respect for, picked up the wording of the anonymous poster, I am making an exception

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/26/05 9:35pm
Msg #34195

Thanx for your support! n/m

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/26/05 11:56pm
Msg #34244

I'm with SamIam and HisHughness. n/m

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 4/26/05 12:44pm
Msg #34057

Anon:

It was your personal decision to accept the signing for $75.00. Please don't complain now!
And you did accept the assignment not knowing what fees they received; as long as they met your fees, what is the big deal...I think I'm missing something here.
You're getting calls; many NSAs aren't - be thankful.

***I am thankful for every call I receive...I make the choice to accept or not based on a number of criteria, as I'm sure you do, so don't start complaining, please, or increase your fees and stick to them.

Reply by Roger/OH on 4/26/05 12:47pm
Msg #34058

Settlement statements do not necessarily reflect that the TC keeps all that fee. Besides, it's not what THEY get, it's what YOU decide YOUR fee is for the assignment.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 4/26/05 2:03pm
Msg #34085

Re: Gypped by Veri-Docs...Agreed...Roger!

Reply by Gypsie King E. Europe on 4/26/05 3:56pm
Msg #34115

I am gypsie...is true (speling this weigh as this is wey I lernt. Inded this mourning, I take gypsie kab to gyp joint while eating dlisious chocolte coverd gypsie moths. Paid $150 four the 2 mile ryde...hope gypsie not gotten gypped....

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/26/05 4:10pm
Msg #34121

Dee from FL also known as anon attacking Brenda....what's your problem, are you bored or 12 or K.H....go play in traffic would ya? geeeze

Reply by Gypsie KIng E. Europe on 4/26/05 4:19pm
Msg #34124

gypsie knot no how too play "in traffic", butt due no how to play "walking IN a winter wonderland" on acordians..

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/26/05 4:21pm
Msg #34125

idiot

Reply by Charisma_CA on 4/26/05 4:15pm
Msg #34123

Wow, it must be awful to have that little of a life and be that small minded. I truly feel sorry for you.

Reply by Woody on 4/26/05 8:14pm
Msg #34180

Get over it!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/27/05 12:05am
Msg #34247

No, you were not cheated.

If you were paid your agreed-on fee, you got what you should have gotten. Be happy that you have gotten paid as agreed.

The signing services earn their money, just as we earn ours. We know what we do, but we don't see the things that they have to do, the time they have to put in, or their overhead.

Accept a signing or don't accept it. Once you've accepted the signing, accept the fee. If you don't like the fee, negotiate a higher fee or refuse the signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.