Notary Rotary
HELP!!!HELP!!!
Notary Discussion History

HELP!!!HELP!!!
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by MsRobbo on 4/8/05 9:05pm
Msg #30567

HELP!!!HELP!!!

I'm trying to take a notary skills test and one of the questions relates to Trust Certification. I have never seen or done one of these in PA. The question reads who is the Settler on a Trust Certification and in what case is this document utilized? Everything that I see on the internet relates to CA, not PA! Please help!!!

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/8/05 9:23pm
Msg #30572

Tell me which one that is because I don't want to take it!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/8/05 9:29pm
Msg #30575

No. Sorry, but no.

This Forum should not be (ab)used to find the answer to test questions. The tests are supposed to be for testing individuals, not the general notary community.

As has been pointed out numberous times in the past, however, we ARE here to help with real-life issues.

In all sincerity, good luck.

Reply by Jeanie-FL on 4/8/05 9:30pm
Msg #30577

to find the answer....

Reply by Jeanie.FL on 4/8/05 9:42pm
Msg #30580

Re: to find the answer....

My boo boo, sorry.

To find the answer click on the orange search button. Under topics type in Trust Certification.
I did this and you will find your answer in message #15293. Reeves/Hary Quiz right?

As a warning be prepared to catch A LOT of flack from others for asking test questions. It's concidered unethical and cheating. Actually, you'll get flack for asking any questions that could easily be answered by searching past entries. Don't set yourself up for a blitzkrieg!

Hope I was helpful.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/8/05 10:30pm
Msg #30593

Jeanie
I never mind answering questions, even if they have been asked before. But, I will not answer questions that are for a test. It is unethical and cheating. The one taking the test needs to research the question himself/herself.
I learned my lesson a long time ago on that.
I was a member of NASA before it was taken over by the NNA. They also had a certification test. I took the test and did miss a couple of questions, but I passed it easily.
Another signing agent in my area, who had been a signing agent a lot longer than I had, came over with the test printed out and told me she had taken the test, and these were her answers and did I think she did OK.
She had missed a lot, and would not have passed the test. She asked me what she had missed, so I told her!
Turns out that she had not taken the test, but after getting the info from me, she went home and took the test and aced it.

This is like taking a test in school and cribbing the answers from a student sat next to you.

Reply by Jeanie-Fl on 4/8/05 11:41pm
Msg #30607

Reply by Jeanie-Fl on 4/9/05 12:01am
Msg #30616

Re: reply to Silvia

Hi Silvia,

First I want to thank you for all of the good info I've learned from you. I always look for your answers in the boards. You are always helpful and don't cop an attitude as other's sometime's do.

You're correct, I should have stopped at telling how to search past post's. Instead, I told the actual message number where the answer could be found.

This is no defense but I was so embarrassed and repulsed by the reply's to "Age Limit to Sign Mortgage docs??" It was a feeding frenzy! I felt I'd rather tell where the answer could be found than read all the same garbage again.

Sincerely,
Jeanie

Reply by MsRobbo on 4/9/05 7:25am
Msg #30650

Jeanie, thank you for your help. I did search the site but could not find what I needed. Also, sorry if I ruffled anyone else's feathers with asking about a Trust Certificate since I've never seen one in my loan packages or had to notarize one. You know, I could have just left the answer blank and moved one but I thought that this general discussion area was open to helping other notaries. Geeze Ernest and Sylvia hope you never need any help since you seem to know everything.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/9/05 9:33am
Msg #30655

Ms Robbo
I will help anyone out with notarial questions as anyone here can attest to. But I do not help with test questions. Those questions are meant to test your knowledge.
I suspect that if that is the only question you miss then you will be fine on the test.
I believe that is on the Notaries Ink test, and the owners of Notaries Ink do read the message boards so will know when the test taker actually knew the answer or if someone gave it to them.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/9/05 9:42am
Msg #30656

I searched...but

I think that to save the newbies or anyone in that matter (since as long as there are new notaries becoming signing agents everyday and they are no doubt going to ask the same questions) maybe they should start out every post like my subject line. That way they don't get the verbal beatings that everyone seems to like to give. I mean, when I first heard of this site I did read a lot of posts, but when I did a search for whatever it was that I needed to know (and didn't put the correct terms in the search field) so I found nothing, when I asked I got the "are you naive to ask such a thing?", "do you not know how to search first?" and "why should we tell you", do some homework" responses. An absolute joke from what are suppose to be adults. Respect for a human being would have a response like..."Maybe if you try this", "My answer would be this...but you might find more options if you do a search like this", but NO, that can't happen on this site. Everyone wants to make a point of superiority.

I think that EVERYONE needs to remember...you might hear the same questions every other day, week or month, but remember it's not the same person asking. If it was, then verbally beat them.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/9/05 12:12pm
Msg #30685

Re: I searched...but

As I have stated, I do not mind answering newbie questions even if the question has been asked before - in the time it takes to write a scathing response to the newbie they could have typed a helpful response. Just a waste of energy to post negatively. Better not to answer at all.
The only time I won't answer a newbie question is when it is obvious a question from a test they are taking.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 4/9/05 11:52am
Msg #30680

Isn't someone else giving you the answer to a test cheating?

I agree with Sylvia. The experienced are here at their own free will to help NSAs out in the field
Tests are for companies to judge your experience and abilities before sending you out as their only face-to-face representative of their client.

Better to fail a test and learn the answers to the questions from the company giving you the test than to hope the posters on this board give you the correct answers.

What if, because they discover the NSAs are cheating, the companies closed their sign-up-anytime doors decided to give proctored tests once a year only at certain locations in the U.S.?

This may sound harsh, but the industry is very competitive now and the number of NSAs asking for answers to test questions on all the public boards has been increasing at a dramatic rate.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/9/05 12:09pm
Msg #30684

Re: Isn't someone else giving you the answer to a test cheating?

Yes, and as a signing service, I would hesitate to use anyone I saw cheating on a test by asking for the answers on a message board - and I do read all the message boards even if I don't post on them all. I would be questioning their ethics.

I do not give a test to notaries signing up with me, and if I did, it would be strictly a notarial question test and maybe a couple of loan doc questions, but nothing off the wall like the ones I have seen asked on tests. The questions need to be on things we have to know as signing agents, not what an escrow officer needs to know - some of those tests are geared more to escrow officers than signing agents.

Reply by MsRobbo on 4/9/05 2:19pm
Msg #30700

Re: Isn't someone else giving you the answer to a test cheating?

Once again, I searched this site and did not get the answer that I needed. Also it couldn't be found on the NNA website or in the HUGE book that I have regarding notarizing loan docs. I have two children and have never encouraged them to cheat off of someone else's test paper! Please you so called adults need to grow up. This was my last resort to get an answer about a document that I knew nothing about. Not looking to get a 100 on this test just a little help. To all of you who did offer me assistance many THANKS and maybe I can return the favor one day.

Reply by SL_CA on 4/9/05 9:50pm
Msg #30766

Re: search engine

Since we do not know the answer to your question, try the search engine. When I was taking test I would research any question this way. I was very impress with the result and learn how the documents could and were use. In this case : Results 1 - 10 of about 859,000 for Trust Certification.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.