Heh, techie types; need help (pls)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Ted_MI on 4/22/05 10:57am
Msg #33324

Hi,

On two recent occassions, I have received an emailed confirmation from an ss, each with the confirmation as an attachment. Each time I have sent these to Yahoo Briefcase. And then when I tried to open the attachment, I received the following legend:

A required DLL file, MFC42DLL. was not found

The same thing happened when I tried to downlooad the email onto to a floppy disk. Same legend.

Luckily, I was able to go to a library and there was no problem there; that legend did not appear, and I was able to view the attachment.

So I was just wondering - what do I need to do so that I can view these attachments on my home computer (apparently get that DLL file, somewhere, I suppose). TIA

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/22/05 11:05am
Msg #33327

Another problem to submit to Techies... OT

MS Access database which was created under Office 97... MS Office 03 will not open it.

I just cast out my Office 97 disk because it had a crack in it.

Any suggestions?

Reply by Kim_NJ on 4/22/05 1:28pm
Msg #33356

Re: Another problem to submit to Techies... OT

Brenda...what error message are you getting? Office2003 should open the 97 files (it may need to do some conversions, but it should open).

Reply by Becky on 4/22/05 12:25pm
Msg #33339

Try google/yahoo search on MFC42DLL. I've fixed several glitches by starting there.

Reply by LauriecPA on 4/22/05 3:03pm
Msg #33382

This was a link someone posted for me when I was having trouble opening certain docs and it has been very helpful. There were downloads for many programs free of charge.

http://tonymangone.50megs.com/docviewers.html

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.