Notary Rotary
IP's - How do you cloak it? o/t
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 5:21pm
Msg #32054

I know there are sites that will allow for anonymity by using them.

What do I need to search Google.com for to get a half-decent answer?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/15/05 7:03pm
Msg #32066

Check your email.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/15/05 7:52pm
Msg #32076

you can't share PAW?

is this some secret or can't anyone else know? Or should we all make a post asking the same? maybe we'll get "blassed" with the asnwer.

This site should have a name change to

it's not what you know....it's keep what you know to yourself and screw anyone else.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 8:31pm
Msg #32085

Re: you can't share PAW?

**is this some secret or can't anyone else know? Or should we all make a post asking the same? maybe we'll get "blassed" with the asnwer. This site should have a name change to
it's not what you know....it's keep what you know to yourself and screw anyone else.**

---------------------------------------------------
Someone did not have a very good day.

Reply by Stephen_VA on 4/15/05 8:54pm
Msg #32102

Someone did not have a very good day.

It is either that or someone actually read the messages from start to finish.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/15/05 11:08pm
Msg #32142

There are many "secrets" of technology that I do not publicly share because it can be dangerous in the hands of uninformed. This is not meant to be demeaning, bashing or belittling, simply a statement of fact. There are some things that are left to the professional and experienced. For example I would not post to this or any non-technical (IT) board about making certain registry changes in Windows. I would not suggest or offer ways to circumvent safeguards that software manufacturers use for their own protection. Likewise, I will not publicly publish ways to "beat the system" of web hosts and bulletin board and forum owners.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/16/05 3:25pm
Msg #32219

Wise decision, Paul.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/16/05 3:49pm
Msg #32224

Cloaking IPs-Paul

Paul, just so you will know, my research into this is more how to recognize those who are doing it over wanting to do so myself.

Sleep easier. You have not released dangerous technology to a diabolical Texan.

(;-o)

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/16/05 4:08pm
Msg #32231

Re: Cloaking IPs-Paul

I understand. Had I thought you still had the pull handle to the chain saw, I wouldn't have provided you that information. Smiley

In case you don't have the link to look up all kinds of information about an IP number, go to http://www.DNSstuff.com where you can do lots of investigative work from IP addresses and lots of other stuff.

Another tool is NeoTrace from http://www.neoworx.com

Enjoy.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/16/05 4:22pm
Msg #32235

Blame it on the mosquito population in Texas

Paul:

I believe you will understand this when I say that the compulsive need to carry a chainsaw in my purse is because of Mosquito Fogger Syndrome.

In the 60's / 70's mosquito foggers came around in the evenings to spray potent chemicals to kill mosquitos in Freeport, Texas. Children (yes, even me) immediately ran into the streets and had much fun playing in the fog of chemicals behind the truck.

As a result, much of our thinking capacity about chainsaws has been skewed. It's best to leave the pull chain with a trusted other.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/16/05 4:35pm
Msg #32237

Re: Blame it on the mosquito population in Texas

Oh yes, the Fogger ... DTD - Detrimental Teenage Dementia, a common problem with Fogger Followers. And it wasn't just in Freeport either. Smiley

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/17/05 2:32pm
Msg #32338

Re: Cloaking IPs-findnot.com n/m

Reply by christi/socal on 4/16/05 2:26pm
Msg #32212

he could share--but then he'd have to kill us :) n/m

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/16/05 2:30pm
Msg #32213

Exactly! (:>) n/m

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/17/05 2:26pm
Msg #32337

Re: you can't share PAW? anonymous

I will share, and i do use it as to protect my self and borrowers. Using an alternative ip while you surf is a must at times as there are many that enjoy harming others. After reading posts here i understand there are many that don't just come here to post and converse but spend their time scanning for our ip. Invasion of privacy I would call it.

Reply by Dave_CA on 4/15/05 7:03pm
Msg #32067

Goggle this you should get a lot.
anonymizers
I'm searching for the opposite Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 7:23pm
Msg #32071

Thanks Paw - got it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.