Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I did a Signing for 75.00 but I was told it was a small...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Joseph_CA on 4/4/05 6:49pm
Msg #29606

package and it came with 8 notarizations. If someone came to my office and it was the same package,
I think I should have charge at leat 80.00 dollars in my home right? Some SS take advantage of us newbies.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/5/05 2:08am
Msg #29684

Re: I did a Signing for 75.00 but I was told it was a small.

Newbie or not... If you know what you are doing what difference does it makes if you have signed 1000 or 3 loan documents. Why not set your price to be at least $125.00. Let SS take it or leave it. I would not even consider going to the house next door for 75.00. Not being negative here, but how far did you have to drive?

Reply by Joseph_CA on 4/5/05 11:45am
Msg #29710

It was in my own town, like 7 miles one way.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/5/05 12:42pm
Msg #29723

I guess it depends on your location, (CA is a big state) and your services. I charge $125. per signing for e-docs, close to home, more for distant one. I'm full time with repeated business. SS will usually try to pay you 50. to 65. I will not take less then 85.00 for overnight docs and most companies will pay what you ask for. Set your price and be firm. I believe when notaries tell SS that they are newbies, they are leaving themself open to negotiation to lower rates. We all have signings where we wish we should have asked for more money, large packages, slow people, those that I have to explain every pages due to language spoken, cat and dog climbing on you, screaming kids... etc. In reality 75.00 is not the best, 50.00 seems to be the base price on Notary Rotary.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/5/05 1:05pm
Msg #29731

If it came with only 2 notarizations would you think you should have only gotten $20 for it? You can't have it both ways. A flat rate is a flat rate and that's simply how the industry works.

How long did the signing take? A signing with 8 notarizations would take me the exact same amount of time as it would to do the same doc package with only 2 notarizations. It just gives me more time to keep busy during the signing and less time to sit and stare at the walls toward the end of the signing.

$75 for a signing 7 miles away is a perfectly reasonable fee, you weren't at all taken advantage of. If you think you can make more money doing individual notarizations at $10 a pop, by all means do it. Otherwise, stop wishing for what you didn't get and be appreciative of what you did get.

And if you're a newbie, I'd seriously advise against quoting $125 to signing services as was suggested in the thread. You'll definitely price yourself right out of business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.