Notary Rotary
Interesting Situation
Notary Discussion History

Interesting Situation
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by jasonste on 4/20/05 10:46pm
Msg #33033

Interesting Situation

I accepted a signing for 3 pm today, I received everything, got the HUD 10 minutes before I had to leave for the signing, as usual. lol Had a pleasant drive over to the borrowers house. Turned out, it was in a rough part of town, but it was daylight, so it was okay. I parked, got out, walked up to the front door, rang the door bell, started looking around, and saw 3 video cameras, one on the front door, and 2 on the ends of the house. I thought to myself, OMG, Im at a drug dealers house. Waited 5 minutes for someone to answer the door, finally, an older gentleman invited me in, I confirmed he was the guy I was there to meet. Had the most fascinating time doing his signing. Everything went as smooth as silk, left the signing, I called the signing company to tell them everything was complete, I get home, and to my surprise, nothing in the package or emails tells me where to return the signed documents too. I called the signing company to ask where to send it, and the person I have been dealing with got very rude, and said, "You didnt Read the email'? I politely said, yes I did, she made me read it to her, (which she sent the email in the first place) the package was supposed to include a prepaid shipping label, I have yet to find it in the package, I told her that, and she just seemed I was overlooking it, and insisted it was there. She told me, she would find out, and get back to me, I have yet to hear anything from her. Almost 8 hours later, still no word on where Im to send these signed documents, anyone have a clue what I should do ??

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 4/21/05 2:39am
Msg #33059

Call them again in the morning. If the contact can't or won't give you an answer right then ask to talk with their supporvisor. If they )supporvisor) don't give you an answer in a timely manner call the title company. However, I'd only call the title company if I didn't want any more orders from the SS or I didn't have an alternative to get the docs shipped by 4/21/05.

Reply by Jay on 4/21/05 4:04am
Msg #33064

supervisor

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/21/05 6:44am
Msg #33070

http://www.iespell.com/

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 4/21/05 9:15am
Msg #33082

Re: spell checker

Thank you Sylvia. I've downloaded it and it works great.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/21/05 9:38am
Msg #33084

Re: spell checker

I have downloaded it also. Ditto.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 4/21/05 9:40am
Msg #33085

Thank you Sylvia, I have been looking for something like this my own self.

Reply by Art_MD on 4/21/05 7:45am
Msg #33077

To cover youself, I would, if possible, reply to the e-mail they had sent you telling them the situation. That way if things go wrong, you have a record of your attempts.

That is one reason I like to e-mail status. If they ever come back and say I didn't update, I can print a record of my e-mail.

Art

Reply by Terri - CA on 4/21/05 10:36am
Msg #33101

I have to state that I would probably call the company whose name appears on the HUD/Borrower's Closing Statement. I'd advise them that my instructions state that a return label would be included with the documents, but wasn't. Could they possibly help me out so that I could drop the documents ASAP! I wouldn't "solicit" the company, just get info!

Sorry, but I can't imagine that the title/escrow company wants the notary to delay in returning the documents for something that simple! UGH!

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.