Notary Rotary
Interesting response from Executive Closings
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Jack Daniels Mobile Notary Service on 4/18/05 12:46pm
Msg #32455

I accepted one closing from Executive Closings on Friday and today, I got a call for another signing. After the hassle with the fax back procedure, etc. and their 5 pages of instructions on Friday's signing, I decided to do a quick search of their history. I am glad that I did the search before anymore closings came my way! I emailed the company back and told them I would need payment up front due to their history and reputation. I can not "copy and paste" the entire email the president sent me back (his little disclaimer at the end prohibits that), but I can give you bits and pieces of his response...
He basically is saying that the notaries that post on these websites are notaries that cannot follow directions...and that is the reason they are not being paid.

Frank states..."You did a great job and we appreciate the job that you did. And I'm sure you understand that when a client gives a signing company instructions (and if they are not followed then they don't get paid) and the pass it on to the notary who doesn't follow them and thinks they are not necessary, the notary still wants to be paid for not following instructions. It's a shame there isn't a message board that signing companies can go to before they hire a notary and that talks about the ones who can't follow and read instructions...Remember, there are always two sides to a story."

My response to Frank (the president of Executive Closings) will be this..."Yes, Frank, there are two sides to every story. The side that is the truth, then your side. No matter what excuse you come up with, notary after notary has posted about your no pay reputation. It's a shame that the ones that have good luck with you don't post more often. I wonder why that is???"

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/18/05 12:54pm
Msg #32457

I have done work for them. I anderstand they might want to fax detailed instructions one time and fax back policie for first signing, but after doing a few flawless signing for them it seems like a lot of waisted paper and time.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/18/05 1:03pm
Msg #32462

Good for you. It still amazes me what BS answers these loser signing services can come up with.

I worked for them for about 4 months. I didn't do a whole lot of signings for them, probably less than 10. Obviously they were happy with my work since they kept calling me, but I had to call them to make them send out every single check they sent me. After the fourth time of doing this (god only knows why I was stupid enough to give them even that much time) I had enough and told them to stop callling me for signings.

They still occasionally call me. I simply tell them that I no longer do signings for their company and to please take me out of their database. Nobody ever asks me the reason why, lol.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/18/05 1:13pm
Msg #32468

JDMNS post that, "Frank states...It's a shame there isn't a message board that signing companies can go to before they hire a notary and that talks about the ones who can't follow and read instructions ..."

From what I've been told, and I don't know for sure, is that there IS a message board (or something along those lines) for signing agencies, which does not allow for agent participation.

Anyone know of this?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/18/05 1:46pm
Msg #32479

Yes, there was a board advertised for signing services only, and I applied to join (as I am a signing service),but was turned down as they had no knowledge of me being a signing service, I even sent them proof.

I would rather make up my own mind about signing agents anyway. I have a few on my list of not to call again - mainly because after several signings they have no idea on how to fill out a notary certificate, or that they fail to follow instructions - I have had a couple not fax me back the required notarized pages because they "don't do fax backs".
After several flawless signings the fax back requirement is dropped.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/18/05 1:48pm
Msg #32481

I have only done one for them, and was paid promptly. But that was a while ago, and I think at the time they were a new company. Another title company had recommended me to them.

Reply by Melody on 4/18/05 3:59pm
Msg #32495

Took 5 months to pay me. Never again. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.