Notary Rotary
Intro Letter to Title and Mtg Companies and Brokers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Mysti_FL on 4/13/05 4:11pm
Msg #31503

I am going to start visiting local title/mortgage companies in order to expand my business.

If someone has invented a letter they use to make the initial introduction, I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to send me a copy ([e-mail address]).

Thanks,
Mysti

Reply by BeccaWI on 4/13/05 4:55pm
Msg #31510

I would like one as well. I have been sitting here for a while trying to come up with one

[e-mail address]

Thanks so much if anyone is willing to provide it!

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/13/05 7:37pm
Msg #31542

Re: Mysti - hmmm!

Mysti,

It would seem to me that you would use an intro letter if you were using the services of the U.S. mail. I would think that if you were making a personal visit you just would chat with people and drop off your business cards. Don't really know; that is just my perception.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/14/05 9:52am
Msg #31730

Re: No, huh?

Hi Ted.
True, but rather than just drop in, I was thinking "multiple hits". So first, I would get a (hopefully) huge list of companies in my county. Send them a letter. Then, I would start visiting one by one and dropping off a couple of business cards and possibly some goodies so that I could "touch base" with various folks in that company (or is there a particular "employee" or "department" I should attempt to contact?

Not the best idea?

Mysti

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/14/05 11:31am
Msg #31754

Re: Mysti - OK

Mysti,

OK, now I understand a bit better what your plan of attack is and what you say makes sense.

I don't have all sorts of valuable insights into this (really none) but before you invest a lot of time in this I would try to ascertain from your fellow FLA notaries whether this approach is worthwhile. It may be that the local title companies and mortgage companies have in house notaries. I just don't know.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.