Notary Rotary
Mentor
Notary Discussion History

Mentor
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Tracy Hussey on 4/2/05 5:11pm
Msg #29283

Mentor

I just recently got my notary signing agent certification and I'm looking for a mentor in the Roseville, CA or nearby area. If possible I would like to accompany this mentor on a few signings to "get my feet wet" and then have the mentor accompany me on my first few signings. If there's anyone in my area who is willing to share some knowledge, please let me know. Thank You.

Reply by Melody on 4/3/05 12:24am
Msg #29355

The NNA probably told to you find a signing agent notary mentor to take you on signings and show you the ropes. Sounds good in a seminar but no experienced notaries actually do this.

No business owner in her right mind would train her competition.

The NNA tells prospective and new notary signing agents lots of lies. This is one of them.

Please do not take it personally if no one offers to help you in your area. It's NOT you! There just isn't enough work to go around, especially in California!

Roseville is highly saturated - please don't quit your day job.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/3/05 10:24am
Msg #29372

Melody is correct, the Roseville area is saturated, there are over 400 signing agents in a 10 mile radius. It will be hard to find someone willing to train their "competition"

The NNA has saturated all areas with signing agents, especially in California.
The Signing Registry www.signingregistry.com has a mentor program, and an excellent training guide.

Reply by Robert E (Bob) Rogers on 4/3/05 4:49pm
Msg #29409

This is about the most ridiculous request I have ever seen. Does Ford call up Toyota and ask if they can come over and go over all their trade secrets so they can get a larger market share. I think not.

I had a Lady to call me a couple of days ago with this very same request. I very sternly told her, NO WAY!

I guess they must be getting this info from the NNA seminars or wherever they are being told that they are to become millionaires overnight.

Please don't call me!

Reply by Stacy/CA on 4/3/05 8:10pm
Msg #29448

Were you at the Notary Forum yesterday in Sacramento? If you want to e-mail me, we can talk about mentoring. I don't mind helping people 'get their feet wet'. We were all in this position once.

Stacy

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/4/05 12:52am
Msg #29464

I guess this is why the NNA tells them to find a mentor, because they know there are enough do-gooding chumps out there who will volunteer for the job.

I'd rather find my warm fuzzies in a way that doesn't shoot myself in the foot financially.

Reply by Stacy/CA on 4/4/05 9:38pm
Msg #29652

You just can't stop can you?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.