Mercury Transaction Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Sylvia_FL on 4/28/05 11:22am
Msg #34576

I posted this to GMN yesterday, but not all of you read there:

I have a friend whose husband has only about 2 weeks (actually less now) left to live. I wanted to get him a poster of the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs for him. (he and his wife used to live there up to about a couple of years ago when they had to move because of his work) And they were just moving to Oklahoma when on the way there he was taken to hospital. This is when they found out that the cancer he had was so spread they only gave him a couple of weeks.
I checked some websites a friend sent me but I didn't see what I wanted, and I also needed the poster in a hurry. I was talking to Susan James of Mercury Transaction Services in Colorado and I mentioned it to her.
This woman is wonderful! She drove from her home 80 miles to Colorado Springs on Saturday, found a beautiful poster in the Garden of the Gods gift shop, and she bought it, and then, if that wasn't enough, she Fedexed it overnight to the hospital so it got there first thing Monday morning.
I know it had to be a beautiful one because the nurses were so impressed that they broke the rule of not putting things on the wall, and they put it on the wall where Dave can see it. It means so much to him, he misses the Colorado view, now although he will never see Colorado again in this life, he can look at the poster and imagine he is there.

I wanted you all to know what kind of person you would be dealing with at Mercury Transaction Services.

I cannot thank her enough for her kindness. And she refused to let me reimburse her for the poster or for the FEDEX charges.

I heard from Dave's wife, Deb, today, and it is not good, there are significant signs of liver failure. This is so hard to accept!

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 4/28/05 11:30am
Msg #34578

Hi Sylvia, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. It's nice to know there are such great people in this world who go out of their way to be nice to others just because it's the right thing to do. I've spoken with Susan too. She is a genuinely nice person and I look forward to working with her.

When I spoke with her she said Mercury is trying to get away from working with the signing services because they want more contact with the notaries. Nice to know we're valued.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/28/05 11:31am
Msg #34580

Blessings on Susan James!

Dave and Deb's situation sounds grim. They'll be in our prayers.

May Susan James' wonderful gifts be rewarded! The world needs more people like her.

Thank you, Sylvia.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/28/05 4:23pm
Msg #34655

Re: Blessings on Susan James!

So sorry to hear about your friend Deb and Dave. Bless Susan James for her wonderful act of kindness. And Silvia, I have been reading all your post. You are so charming, helpful and go the extra miles to be kind to everyone. I especially love your angels on GMN. Blessing to you and your friend. This week I signed up by email and fax with Mercury. I am looking forward to speaking to Susan. Bless all, you will be in my prayers

Reply by PA Notary II on 4/28/05 11:40am
Msg #34582

Sylvia: Thanks for passing on a truely uplifting story.. Best wishes for your friends and many prayers will be wafting their way, I'm sure.

I had 2 signings for Mercury this week and find them delightful to work with. Here's hoping for a long, fruitful and mutually beneficial relationship.

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/28/05 11:51am
Msg #34585

that was a moving story Sylvia...my prayers for your friend and bless Susan's heart!

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/28/05 1:24pm
Msg #34608

I pray for streanth for your friends. It makes you feel good to find out there are many good people out there.

Reply by rlogan-ca on 4/28/05 2:25pm
Msg #34625

Sylvia,

My prayers go out to your friends. Especially to the wife for strength to get through her

husband's passing.

Susan James' good deed will not go un-noticed, remember, "What comes around, goes

around". If the world had more people like her, it would be a much better place.

Reply by Judith_VA on 4/28/05 7:34pm
Msg #34697

People who go above and beyond are too rare! I pray for your friends Sylvia.

Would it be krass to ask what Mec. Tran. Serv.'s web site is? Because I like to associate with good people who understand - while yes we are in business, people come first.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/28/05 7:54pm
Msg #34702

This is the info that was posted to GMN by Susan James.

Mercury Transaction Services Inc. is a full service title company based in Denver. We are currently seeking experienced signing agents nationwide. We pay $100 to $125, paid when file disburses.
If interested, email [e-mail address]

Link: http://www.mercurytransaction.com

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.