Message to Ted_MI...or anyone who may know
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Brijoe_WA on 4/15/05 6:19pm
Msg #32060

Hi Ted_MI or whomever.

I was scanning old posts on here and ran across a post from you which I had a question on. The post is as follows below:

I appreciate that a lot of people have bashed Victoria Ring in the past, and I must admit that by and large I usually fully agree with their criticism. However, that being said, she put something out entitled "How a Notary Signing Agent Can Earn More Money Working Directly for Mortgage and Title Companies" (copyrighted August 2004), which I purchased a number of months ago. I must say it had a lot of very good ideas and solid suggestions.

And it wasn't really that expensive - I think maybe ten bucks. Nor is it that long - about fifteen pages. I would recommend purchasing it. Her web site is as follows:

I emailed Victoria Ring in regards to buying this book, and she said she had never written one by this title. Could you have been mistaken on the title? or maybe it isnt written by her? Do you have any more info on this book you recomended? I would appreciate any help, I would be interested in reading it.

Thanks
Brian

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 7:19pm
Msg #32069

This is interesting. Actually, she wrote a 15-20 page manuscript which she sold for about $10. I don't think that Ted and I had the same "dream." It did exist.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/15/05 8:17pm
Msg #32082

yeah...thats what I thought. There were several replys under that post all talking about that book. Maybe V. Ring is tippin the bottle now days, I dont know. Anyway this is the e-mail she sent me:

I have never written a book with this title. Either someone has typed out the wrong title (just from memory) or someone else is illegally selling our book under another name. Is this a free download ebook or is it supposed to be a paperback? If a paperback, do you know the ISBN number on the back cover?

Do you know if that is the correct title? and maybe have that ISBN # thingy she is talkin about?

Thanks

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 8:22pm
Msg #32083

I am not sure if it is the exact correct title. It was a download. No ISBN.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/15/05 8:26pm
Msg #32084

ahh ok thank you. you dont happen to have a copy of that still do you??

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 8:36pm
Msg #32090

Brijoe...

I do not feel it would be appropriate to send it out. If you will send me your email, mailing address, phone, etc. I will write Victoria and forward a copy of it to her. She can send it to you and you can pay her for it.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/15/05 8:49pm
Msg #32097

Re: Brijoe...

Victoria's book is:
How to Start, Operate and Market a Freelance Notary Signing Agent Business

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/15/05 8:53pm
Msg #32101

Yeah I saw that one on her website, but I wasnt sure if it was the same one that was being talked about because it was posted in here with a different name.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 9:17pm
Msg #32107

Brijoe & Sylvia

I located it on my computer. The title is:
"How a Notary Signing Agent Can Earn More Money Working Directly for Title Companies and Lenders"

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/15/05 10:47pm
Msg #32140

Re: Brenda & Brijoe

I have it directly in front of me. The title of the fifteen page document I have is as follows: How a Notary Signing Agent Can Earn More Money Working Directly for Mortgage and Title Companies. So that is a little different than Brenda's perception. A little lower down it states "a special report by Victoria Ring".

It is copyrighted in August 2004 by Victoria Ring. Further down it states that it is not available in printed form; that it is in ebook format only. My recollection is that I purchased it from Victoria Ring a number of months ago.

Hope this helps.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/15/05 8:52pm
Msg #32098

I e-mailed it

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 9:15pm
Msg #32106

I sent it to VR as promised.

Reply by Mary on 4/16/05 1:02pm
Msg #32202

I pasted this from http://www.isbn-international.org/en/whatis.html: "The ISBN (International Standard Book Number) is a unique machine-readable identification number, which marks any book unmistakably. This number is defined in ISO Standard 2108. The number has been in use now for 30 years and has revolutionised the international book-trade. 166 countries and territories are officially ISBN members. The ISBN accompanies a publication from its production onwards."

There's more information at the above referenced web site, but I figure this probably answers your question. Smiley

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/16/05 3:41pm
Msg #32222

ISBN details for anyone who cares

The ISBN is checksummed so that a bad ISBN will be flagged immediately. (If that sentence doesn't make sense, just think of it as being self-proving.) Part of the number tells anyone who cares who published it. ISBNs (especially barcoded) have been a boon to inventory control.

It is unlikely that self-published booklets such as are being discussed would have an ISBN.

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 4/16/05 6:01am
Msg #32171

This was a "special report" from Victoria that she offered for $10 to anyone who had purchased her book about starting a signing agent business. I couldn't find mine so I asked her if I could purchase another one. She told me that the information in that report is in the second edition of her book about starting a signing agent business. Hope that helps!

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/16/05 9:13pm
Msg #32271

Debbie,

I really don't remember, but that is very possible as I had purchassed her book some time ago.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.