Notary Rotary
NASCO
Notary Discussion History

NASCO
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by patriicia on 4/10/05 8:54am
Msg #30803

NASCO

is anyone else not receiving checks from NASCO? The last check I got from them was dated
3/24/05 and that one only paid a small part of the March signings. They still owe me about
$1500. for March and quite a bit for this month. This is making me nervous as it seems to be
impossible to get anyone to come to the phone and no one is returning phone calls.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/10/05 9:30am
Msg #30806

I got paid from them for last month. BUT..I was supposed to do a signing for them Friday and the docs weren't getting here and I called and they said that they were having problems and it might be late, could I do the signing either Sat or Sun and back date them. I said no. I called the borrower to see if they could close it over this weekend and he said they could. So I emailed Nacso telling them the borrower could do it but they would have to draw the docs with the correct date or give me permission to change the dates to reflect the date we sign on them because I wouldn't back date and that I would be charging a penalty fee if they didn't get docs to me to do the closing thei weekend. She called me and said...quote..."like hell I'm paying an extra fee I'll get another notary"
Well, I called the borrower and told them I might not be the notary coming out. He said he had just got a call from some lady who didn't tell him who she was and blamed ME for not getting the signing done. The borrower said wait a minute, the notary asked if I could so it this weekend and that Nasco is just having problems getting docs out and that's why it might not happen tonight and asked if I would be able to do it this weekend. Why are you calling me saying it needs to be rescheduled for next Thurs and it's the notary's fault? She told him, well..huh..huh..we just want to make sure your dcos are correct and in order...THAT's why we're rescheduling. The borrower said, well, why did you say it was the notary's fault then?
She told him, Well, it's not ..huh...we just wasnt to make sure things are in order really. (see...pays to be honest with what's going on) Smiley
The borrower then said that he didn't believe her and that his loan officer would be getting a call and that he will be requesting me to do the signing because he trusts me and he won't sign unless he gets me to do it.

I told the borrower that I appreciated it and that under no uncertain terms would I not be available to do his signing and so if they said I wasn't available that would be a lie.

We'll see what happens...but I will be charging an arm and leg for the deal when they call. And I hope it the same woman calling me because I'm going to tell her to say PLEASE and apologize for being a witch!

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/10/05 12:22pm
Msg #30818

Anon,

Not defending NASCO or the woman that you dealt with, but I get the impression that Friday was a pretty crazy day for them. I think they had big time problems as far as getting docs from Citibank.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/10/05 2:00pm
Msg #30825

Wow, what a good way to eliminate your future business from NASCO. I hope the self satisfaction you get from this situation is worth it.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/10/05 2:07pm
Msg #30826

Are you kidding? You're stressing about non payment for signings in March on APRIL 10? You really need to develop a little more patience.

Most of my NASCO payments are for signings 3 or 4 weeks earlier so it sounds like things are just fine.

Reply by patricia on 4/11/05 8:56am
Msg #30880

well..I have been receiving checks on a very regular basis, ie last 2 checks dated 3/24/05 and
3/18/05. I have been used to getting at least one check every 5-10 days. Right now they owe me over $2500.00 so I dont like extending that much credit. Hopefully all will work out.

Reply by Paul/MD on 4/10/05 2:28pm
Msg #30827

NASCO is being bombarded with business an is having troubles keeping up with the workload.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/10/05 8:17pm
Msg #30849

then they should treat their notaries better...

I could care less about getting Nasco stuff...they don't generate enough of my business to matter. Signing companies area a waste unless they meet my fees....I don't do "favor" and drop them. I've been doing it long enough to have no need for signing companies unless they call me and I have nothing better to do. But don't jump down MY throat...I WAS THERE FOR THEM...they couldn't get their shit together and then tried to BLAME ME. If they had any ethics they could step up to the plate and admit their shortfalls. Typical SS.

Reply by NASCO is a TITLE CO, not a SS on 4/10/05 8:49pm
Msg #30855

Re: then they should treat their notaries better...

nm

Reply by Anonymous on 4/11/05 10:12am
Msg #30884

BS...NASCO is the..

BULL...Nasco IS the SS for Nationwide. That is a bunch of crap if you haven't "GOT" that. They low ball prices for jobs. You don't sign-up to title companies. They might have or get your information but they do not have you register. So learn the differences.

Reply by Art_MD on 4/11/05 10:38am
Msg #30886

Re: BS...NASCO is the..

If you go to nascopgh.com and read, you will see that they are a title company. They have a map which shows that they are an ALTA title company in 43 states.
Technically, they are a signing service for nationwide - THEMSELVES !!!!! The first letter in NASCO stands for nationwide !!!

Art

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/11/05 12:23pm
Msg #30897

Re: BS...NASCO is the..

As you cowardly pontificate and otherwise spew venom and attempt to defile the reading public by proclaiming "Nasco IS the SS for Nationwide", I suggest you do your homework before announcing false accusations and claims. The are NOT an SS (Signing Service). Their company biography brief is shown below:

Nationwide Appraisal and Title Services Corporation was founded in January 1994. Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Nationwide provides appraisal and title services in all 50 states to over 2000 clients. Our clients represent literally every segment of the mortgage industry. Nationwide's growth and success is based on a simple premise; we provide accurate, competitively priced appraisal and title services, delivered in a timely manner and supported by excellent service.

Nationwide Appraisal and Title Services is not the largest service provider in the industry, but we enjoy a strong and well-earned reputation as a service company that is dedicated to high quality standards. Our company is comprised of a team of people who care about our clients and their needs. A company is only as good as its people, and we are proud of our team.

These principles and standards are the reason for our success. We remain as committed to them today as ever.

Reply by Brian Brake on 4/10/05 2:40pm
Msg #30830

i have been reading your posts about NASCO. The company doesnt actually sound that bad if you are getting $1500 / month in bussiness. Just a question though, I thought I knew most of the companies out there, but I have never heard of NASCO. What does that stand for, and who are they. Just curiouse about any business they might do in WA.

Thanks
brian

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/10/05 7:07pm
Msg #30841

I still had February invoices outstanding as of Thurday and I was worried also. Then I got a check on Friday for $1000 that was for the last part of February and first week of March. I usually get a check every two weeks but the last check 2 weeks ago for only $200 and I still had invoices due for February. They had taken on a heavy load and only have 5 Doc Prep employees. If they have hired any new employees thay are still very new.

Reply by Jay on 4/10/05 7:56pm
Msg #30845

NASCO is Nationwide Appraisal and Title Services. ph# 800-920-0050. fax# 800-396-2726. Don't know what they do in Wa. Give them a call.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/10/05 8:20pm
Msg #30850

Re: Brian

Brian, try this link http:/www.nascopgh.com or call Barbara Orbin at 800-920-0050 EXT 8464. She is HR for notaries. She is very nice and understanding. I also experience late doc's but I am not to concerned about payment. They will come through. She will appreciate the suggesting.

Reply by Brian Brake on 4/11/05 12:53pm
Msg #30906

Thank you for the info. I was suprised when I saw the post that Patricia did $1500 in March for this one company, I wanted to feel them out about WA.

Thanks
Brian

Reply by Art_MD on 4/11/05 1:13pm
Msg #30910

go to their site. You can find out what states they do what in.
nascopgh.com

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.