Notary Rotary
NEW NOTARY LOOKING TO NETWORK
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by SHAUNTELL LEVER on 4/6/05 9:12pm
Msg #30048

Hi, recently received my notary commission and have taken a loan signing class. During the class the teacher mentioned that luncheons or meeting are held for loan singners. I have gone on to some of the sites that she talked about during class, but I have yet to find anyone who knows where or when these luncheons (meetings) are held. I would appreciate anyone who has any information on when or where these luncheons are being held. I live in the southern California are and would appreciate meeting and networking with other more experienced loan signers. Thanks a million

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/6/05 9:17pm
Msg #30053

Shauntell
When the luncheons are planned, someone usually posts to the message board with instructions on signing up for one of them.

Reply by Linda Truong on 4/6/05 9:31pm
Msg #30060

Re: NEW NOTARY LOOKING TO NETWORK/ SO CAL.

Wow....luncheons ay? Can't wait to see a posting about it. Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/6/05 9:36pm
Msg #30062

Shauntell & Linda:

Msg #17695

Using the orange search button, I put in "network" and the above noted message came up for California Notaries.

It was for the January networking luncheon, but you will find a contact. Do a search and you will find a place to put in the message number.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 4/6/05 11:35pm
Msg #30089

You probably attended one of my classes to be certified as a loan signer by notaryclasses.com and I mentioned we have quartely luncheons in So. Calif. that are open to all notaries in Southern Calif. to attend.

We recently had a luncheon/brunch in Glendale @ Marie Callendars on Sunday March 6th and the next one will be held in June 2005. These luncheons are not a function of notaryclasses.com and are chaired by many other notaries who are not affiliated with us. We have these luncheons on Sundays as this is a day when most notaries don't have loansignings/notary work and we usually start them at 11:00 am - 12:00pm so people can attend church.

Kelly Robinson and I will chair the next luncheon in June 2005 and we will post the time/date/location/price etc on all the chatlines.

Check the chatlines for more info next month.
Kelly Robinson & Joan Bergstrom

Reply by Shauntell/Ca on 4/7/05 12:06am
Msg #30094

Thank you Joan for the information. I will continue to watch the chatlines for the times and dates of the June luncheon. I did hear about the luncheons in a notaryclasses.com, but the instructor's name was Cheryl Elliot. I'm looking forward for the opportunity to meet all my fellow loan signers and notaries.Thanks a million to all who responded. All your information was helpful.

Reply by sue on 4/7/05 8:26am
Msg #30117

Shauntell, I'm just curious. What were you told at your class about average income level and the estimated amount of work you can expect to receive?

Reply by SHAUNTELL/CA on 4/7/05 9:41am
Msg #30130

Hi, Sue I'm asssuming from your qustion that you to are also a new notary/loan signing agent. I was told that you can expect to earn anywhere between $30,000-100,000 dollars a year. I don't know how accurate these figures are but I'm sure the income potential is there. If you want more information on avereage income use the search icon and type in newbies there you will find a host of more experienced notaries. I believe the key to being successful in this business is to educate,educate,educate and get as much hands on experience as we can. Sue are you from the Southern California area and if so I hope to see at the luncheon in June. Thanks a million

Reply by sue on 4/7/05 10:16am
Msg #30141

I'm experienced and I'm on the east coast. I was just curious because I read these boards almost every day and the CA signers are always talking about the saturation of the market out there. I wondered what they were telling you at the classes and that appears to be directly opposite of what the signers 'in the field' are saying.

Reply by ColleenCA on 4/7/05 10:44am
Msg #30150

Re: NEW NOTARY LOOKING TO NETWORK-Your correct Sue

This is just what the schools are telling the students. I have been following up with the SS's that I signed up with and I have heard from several that not only is the market saturated with notaries in Calif., but the work has dried up too. For some reason, most of the loans, etc are back east so those notaries are getting a lot of work. For those in Calif., the SS's have a few in each area that they been working with for a long time and use those consistently. They only look for others when those regulars can not conduct the signing. This is very depressing. I also heard from another notary in Southern CA. who is brand new that the only signings that have come his way are because he speaks spanish.

Reply by L.A./NSA on 4/7/05 12:10pm
Msg #30166

Re: NEW NOTARY -Your correct Sue--You too, ColleenCA

I haven't been marketing myself to ss companies, but have received calls from being listed online...and...only because I speak Spanish as well. If they need you, they will call...No 300 marketing letters from this computer....Seems the people making the $$$$ are those "schools" giving the notary/signing courses.

Reply by ColleenCA on 4/7/05 12:21pm
Msg #30167

Re: NEW NOTARY -Your correct Sue--You too, ColleenCA

And I HAVE been marketing myself "up the ying-yang" and advertising here with no calls. Uggg!

Reply by SHAUNTELL/CA on 4/7/05 5:09pm
Msg #30242

Sorry, Sue for assuming that you were new to the business. I am glad to hear the reality of the business from everyone out there. It keeps my feet firmly gounded. I will continue to pursue a career as a notary/loan singner, but now I go into the business with my eyes wide open. Thanks a million.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.