Notary Rotary
Nations Direct
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Joseph_CA on 4/12/05 9:47pm
Msg #31350

Nations Direct

Anybody have gotten more than their basic and ridicuolus 40.00 dollars per signing

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/12/05 10:07pm
Msg #31358

I am fed up with this place. I was asked to go an outside county, which is actually about a 2 hr trip one way, for $40.00. I do go that far but certianly not for a lousy $40.00. If I were the schedular, I would be embarresed to have to ask the notarys to go anywhere for $40.00. They still keep calling though, I was told not to long ago that according to their information $40 is the going rate, and if I would do the signing, they would keep me busy with appointments. Thanks but no thanks.

Reply by Melody on 4/13/05 1:22am
Msg #31377

Yes

They went all the way up to $100 for eDocs.

But they paid way more than 30 days after the signing.

Heck with 'em. I no longer take signings from them.

They call and call. I say "I no longer work for signing services. Please leave me alone."

Reply by carlosnyc on 4/13/05 1:26am
Msg #31379

I know exactly what you are talking about. They keep calling me also and I keep telling them not for $40.00. What is really sad is that their are people doing those signings for that amount. Every time I tell them my fee I get the same answer, "oh I have to see if I can get that approved", I never hear from them again. The other day they called me twice for the same signing. I just laughed because I figured they couldn't get anybody else.

Reply by Melody on 4/13/05 1:28am
Msg #31380

Hold firm on your $100 or more fee. If we all hold firm, they will have to pay it.

There is NO WAY that a title company will let a loan go unsigned! If a $45 SS cannot fill the slot, the title company will start calling.

Just Say No!!!

Reply by carlosnyc on 4/13/05 1:34am
Msg #31383

Melody I'm just curious, how did you get $100 out of them????? Where you located???

Reply by Melody on 4/13/05 11:17am
Msg #31447

It was on last day to sign, of course! And they called very late one afternoon last year.

I quoted $100. They argued. I said $100 was the minimum and that I would be hanging up.

They mumbled the usual "have to get approval." I hung up.

They called back a bit later and gave me the job.

But I won't work for them again at any price. They treat notaries like dirt by paying so little.

It's the only job I ever took from them. I hang up when they call. And they call and call and call.

Reply by Melody on 4/13/05 11:19am
Msg #31449

Bird Dog

Are you the same Carlos that was talking about the Bird Dog work last year?

I never heard that the company actually paid for the leads so I never sent mine in.

Any news?

Reply by Jack/CA on 4/13/05 3:33pm
Msg #31496

Send them my way!!

Reply by Joanne_SL on 4/13/05 6:50am
Msg #31394

I have done two signings for them. I was paid 75 for one and 100 for the other. Both paid within 45 days. I agree that I wouldn't do one in my office for $40.00. When you break down the price of calling borrower, confirming, receiving the docs, performing the signing, driving to drop the package off, it is not worth it.

Reply by HL in PA on 4/13/05 7:30am
Msg #31397

I posted a message on here about a week or so ago about Nations Direct. I have did 2 for them and quite honestly I am in no rush to do another one. They called both times and wanted me to do closings for $40.00 I couldn't help but to laugh at them when they gave me their rates. I told them that the lowest amount I was willing to consider based upon where the closing was at was $75.00 and only because it was HELOC. The first time the girl said "ok let me see if I can get it approved". I thought she wasn't going to call back. She did about 10 minutes later (if that) and said she had it approved. The same thing happened for the 2nd time they called me as well.

Not to mention when you do closings for them, they want you to call when you arrive at the closings, they even called the BRW during the closing and then they want you to call after the closing and they wanted me to fax everything back. I told them even for $75.00 I wasn't about to fax everything back. Surprisingly they were okay with it.

I just think you have to stand your grounds with them and it works. However, sometimes the headache of going through all that is not worth it. I did the closing towards the end of March so lets see how long it takes for me to get it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.