Notary Rotary
Notary Horror Stories ?
Notary Discussion History

Notary Horror Stories ?
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by anon on 4/27/05 8:29pm
Msg #34464

Notary Horror Stories ?

Last week I went to a signing and while there the husband got very mean and rude to his wife and was not so kind to me ... The wife did not have the proper ID and i could not do the closing. He then told me that I would be signing it and I said "no sir i cant without the proper ID" anyway he got up went to another room and i heard things flying around in the room and i gathered my stuff and took off like a Bat outta hell .....

Anyonw else ?

Reply by Melody on 4/27/05 8:37pm
Msg #34476

Yes, I have had a few men try to scare me.

But I am 5'10" and have the silhouette and booming voice of a Viking Opera singer.

Bullies are always cowards. I don't fall for their hot air so I scare the heck out of them.

My 5'1" friend is much scarier than me. I certainly wouldn't mess with her!

But I would NEVER put myself in danger just to show I was tougher than someone else. You did the right thing by clearing out. I hope the wife clears out soon, too.

Reply by SoCalMisty on 4/27/05 8:53pm
Msg #34483

HaHa its funny that you posted this I was just gonna post my story.The minute I was in the house with a man that was behaving like that I would have booked it. You handled it well. My story is not really a HORROR story more of a pain in the ace, but still. Tonite I was suppose to do a rush signing on a second. They called me this morning at 11 told me where it was and when. Yucaipa, I'm in OC which is almost 2 hours away and at the hour they wanted me to be there by it would have taken that long because of traffic. Besides that they didnt have docs yet. But I said ok if they would give me my fee and they did. So I got the borrowers info and called and called and waited and waited. Nothing. Couldn't confirm the appointment. So finally (at 4pm) I got the docs. I told them that I couldnt get ahold of the borrowers but that I would keep trying and meanwhile I would print up the docs. At around 5:30 I called again and finally got ahold of them. The woman said she knew nothing about this and that she wasnt going to be around tonite, she was leaving. Then she asked her husband and he says "well I knew it was tomorrow night" and she says "oh no we cant tomorrow night, remember we have to go pick up your parents at the airport." Then in the background you hear her husband say "Oh Sh!t!" So then the lady keeps telling me when she can do it, "what about tomorrow at 3:30?" and Im like "well thats not up to me, let me call your lender." So I did and they were really nice about it. They are gonna send me out another day and pay me extra for today. I wasn't mad about it, I'm still not, but man people just amaze me. I had yet to meet anyone who cared that little about when their loan was going to close lol.

Reply by fiKS on 4/27/05 10:10pm
Msg #34503

I think with the kind of work we do (going to strangers' homes) we should learn some kind of self-defense techniques. I don't mean we should all go out and get a black belt in martial arts, but learning pressure points tactics. Many martial arts schools teach vital pressure points self defence tactics - a few weeks seminar. You don't need enormous strength to learn how to defend yourself by using pressure point tactics.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/27/05 10:25pm
Msg #34505

Re: Notary Horror Stories ? self defence tactics

If anyone in San Diego County is interested in attending a women's self defence workshop LMK. I will e-mail you the info.

Reply by ColleenCA on 4/27/05 10:35pm
Msg #34507

I carry pepper spray everywhere I go, so if things ever got out of hand, I know I can grab it, spray and run. I keep it out so it is always handy.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/27/05 10:41pm
Msg #34509

I worry more about getting lost in the desert late at nite, pitch dark dirt roads and no road signs, gets scary at times.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.