OMG...
Notary Discussion History

OMG...
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 4/28/05 4:31pm
Msg #34658

OMG...

**Our Mission**
The National Notary Association is committed to the education and service of Notaries throughout the United States. As the foremost authority on the American Notary office, we are dedicated to imparting knowledge, understanding and unity among all Notaries, and instilling in them only the highest ethical standards of conduct and sound notarial practice.

has anyone else recieved the May copy of the National Notary? I cannot believe that they wrote a full page for each of the following for all the states.
Guide to notary commision
Comparison of notary provisions
Guide to notary fees

In Alabama most of the info is incorrect!
I can't believe the info for some other states as well...isn't Georgia a lawyer state? Not according to this info. Don't you need a producers license in IL?

Reply by Joan-OH on 4/28/05 5:00pm
Msg #34666

Ohio is in error too!

Reply by Donna CA on 4/28/05 9:12pm
Msg #34718

well I called them about their company list-most of the email addresses they have listed for the companies are no good- and the girl "checked" on the comppanies in my zip code area and said there wasn't a problem. I told her I wasn't advertising to the companies in my area, because most of my business comes from companies that are no where around here and she said well you are right, but her explanation was that the com[panies had given them the wrong contact information. So I said 9 out of 10? because that is pretty accurate and she couldnt explain it. They also gave me a lousy explanation for why my NSA 1 year membership expires in Oct 05, when my notary commission didn't even start until 01/01/05.

Reply by Jon on 4/29/05 3:30pm
Msg #34922

>>>They also gave me a lousy explanation for why my NSA 1 year membership expires in Oct 05, when my notary commission didn't even start until 01/01/05.<<<

That is classic NNA!!!!! You take the notary class and because it is included in the price of the class, they start your membership before you actually become a notary?!?!?!? And people ask "Why don't you like the NNA?"

Reply by Melody on 4/29/05 12:01am
Msg #34767

My favorite part of the May NNA magazine

Their article on ethics!!!

Reply by JD_Conn on 4/29/05 1:45pm
Msg #34898

NNA Magazine

Just got the NNA magazine today. It was my first issue. When I got home, I used it as a coaster for my coffee cup... and it seems that it wasnt worth much more! The whole thing is an advertisment for NNA products. What a fine benefit of membership!

Maybe I will start a new Notary Membership Society. Here are the perks of membership:
-A fancy membership card with your name on it.
-A monthly catalog disguised as a magazine. Every month will be filled with statistics directly form the internet.
-A members-only website with lots of advertisements about my society's logo-merchandise
-Discounted car rentals that are only valid when performing notorial work outside your home state.... (just think about this one a bit)
-All this, plus the honorary degree of Bachelor of Notorial Acts (B.N.A.), Master of Nororial Acts (M.N.A.) and Grand Poobah Notary (G.P.N.) and the right to use those initials after your name for as long as you maintain membership.

All this for only $49.99 per year. Plus an additional $49.99 if you are actually a notary and want to join the "Notary Section" of the Notary Membership Society. If you want discounts on Notary supplies, simply send an additional $29.95 to join the "Notary Items Discount Section" or NIDS. We offer notary journals with lovely covers made by indonesian 5-year olds, and custom made notorial stamps guaranteed to bleed all over your docs.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/29/05 1:49pm
Msg #34900

Re: NNA Magazine. Your funny :).n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 4/29/05 6:27pm
Msg #34949

Re: NNA Magazine

JD, you are a riot. Can I hire you to do my material? Better yet, can I hire you to lampoon my Beautiful & Talented Wife, now my Beautiful & Talented Estranged Wife, and soon to be my B&T Ex-Wife?

Reply by PA Notary II on 4/29/05 1:56pm
Msg #34902

Charm AL...I agree with you...the rag (MAG) is unworthy of lining my trash can...however as regards title producer requierments or atty only states...NNA was showing the qualifications
for becoming a Notary...not a loan signer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.