Notary Rotary
Off Topic...Searching for Bart...Off Topic
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 4/16/05 9:11pm
Msg #32269

http://www.fortbendstar.com/041305/n_Whitaker%20case%20goes%20before%20Fort%20Bend%20County%20grand%20jury.htm

Bart is a 20-something guy missing from the Houston area. He was formerly connected to my son's life by way of respective girlfriends. Bart's on the run now to avoid questioning regarding a murder in his home. His mother and younger brother were killed. More info is at the link I have posted.

Lots of people from all over the US look at this board and I just thought I'd post this info in case any of you happened to run into him. If I were anywhere but Texas, I'd look for him waiting tables in a restaurant.

Bart was an employee of Olive Garden type restaurants while in college (or not in college, since he had lied to his parents that he was enrolled the last semester). This is a really sad situation and it looks like the PD in this investigation has gone above and beyond trying to find this guy.

The link above shows a picture of him.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/17/05 1:36am
Msg #32296

Link didn't work for me. Sorry to hear bad news. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/17/05 9:05am
Msg #32308

If only authorities knew...

If only the authorities knew that notaries (relatively crime-free, detail people) came to this board in droves every day from all corners of the US to chat about notary minutia...they'd know we are a national network.

The link works for me Ernest-CT...not sure why it won't work for you.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 4/17/05 10:54am
Msg #32322

Re: If only authorities knew...

Worked for me too, also keeping my eye's open. I'm not that far from Texas.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/17/05 12:13pm
Msg #32334

Thanks all...n/m

Reply by Happy in Fl on 4/17/05 7:44pm
Msg #32371

Re: Thanks all...n/m

The photo will sure help- thanks for letting us know.

That T.V. program "Americas Most Wanted" sure produces results finding "suspects"- never know when a "bell" will ring in a Notaries head, if they happen upon some one shown here.

Thanks Brenda.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/17/05 8:22pm
Msg #32375

It's a small world for The Wanted O/T

Thanks Happy.

This situation (son allegedly/possibly killing parents/brother to hide his lies, or to boost his wealth factor via insurance) is chilling.

It happened in Sugarland - 100 miles away from here, but this keeps coming "back" to me so I decided to post..

-My son and this "Bart" were dating cousins.

-An investigator not knowing any about my son's connection gave my sister (100 miles in other direction) some info early on that I did not believe regarding this, but turns out it's probably true.

-I took my CHL here and ran into friends of Bart's parents who told me that the gun used was a 9 mm that Bart had purchased just prior to. It was laying in his room. No public suspicion of him at that time.

-Friends of mine had dinner with an official in another county (200 miles away) who made additional comments of interest.

Finally, it struck me that if this Bart is still in the US, perhaps a notary would happen across him waiting tables in a restaurant somewhere.

Should have posted this earlier:

Sugarland, Texas Police Department
(281) 275-2500
(281) 275-2649 fax
Thus far, there's a $40,000 reward for info leading to solving this crime.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.