Notary Rotary
Overnight Packages - Discrepancies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 4/9/05 3:05pm
Msg #30715

I always pull out the RTC and put it on top of Borrowers copies before the signing. I had a signing last night where the RTC dates on the originals were correct, i.e., signing date and 3-day cancel date -- however, Borrowers copies were incorrect showing the signing occured on Thursday, 4/7/05 instead of 4/8/05 and 3-day cancel date of 4/11/05 instead of 4/12/05.

I just found this interesting and confusing since the docs came from the SS and they made Borrowers copies -- at least that's what they told me. If this is, in fact, the case, why were the RTCs different? I always glance through Borrowers copies to make sure docs are consistent, but are we going to have to begin verifying the accuracy of the copies against the originals as *true and correct* copies?

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/9/05 7:57pm
Msg #30742

Carolyn,

This has never happened to me. I think the bottom line is the document preparers screw up now and then.

What I have encountered many times with respect to the borrowers' copies of the RTC is no dates whatsoever on them. And from my perspective, unless the dates (presumably correct ones) are on the borrowers' copies they are worthless. So if they are not there, I put them there.

Reply by Ninna_La on 4/9/05 10:43pm
Msg #30778

Here's my theory on what happened... the signing was originally scheduled for 4/7 (possibly not with you, but someone else). For whatever reason the signing didn't happen, nor did doc's go out, BUT a copy set was made for the borrower from that set. The doc's were redrawn for the 8th (for whatever reason), but the person that prepped the doc's to go out to you was too lazy to make a copy set for the borrower... and simply used the copy set they had originally made from the doc's dated for the 7th.

Stupid and lazy on their part. Little did they know, they'd have a dutiful signing agent taking the signing.

Reply by CarolynCO on 4/10/05 10:40am
Msg #30811

That's kind of my take on it Nina, too. I just hope nothing else was different on Borrowers' copy set. I went through the drill on their copies of the RTC, crossing through the dates and writing new dates and initialing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.