Notary Rotary
Quote for NSAs? Or not? Slightly OT
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 4/4/05 11:32am
Msg #29505

From one of the many emails I receive each day came the following quote...

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
-Bill Gates

- - - - -

Don't think that applies to SA's.

I believe I have learned the most from those clients who are happy with my work, not the ones who are unhappy with me.

Those who are happiest with my work
-have the nature of paying on time,
-have an appreciation for honesty and respecting another's boundaries,
-and they actually know their business rather than trying to blow smoke up my skirt; therefore I actually learn from them; and I feel free to question them so I can improve my services.

Those who are not happy with me may be disappointed because
-I did not add an extra loose ack,
-or because I insisted on a confirmation before going to a job (Charm!),
-or because I did my part and expected them to do theirs as promised (get docs to me...pay on time...etc.)
-and, I find them to be liars who would tell me anything just to keep from saying "I don't know."

Reply by Charm_AL on 4/4/05 11:38am
Msg #29509

so in other words...

I shouldn't have felt so bad for deciding not to go on the appointment? I know the borrowers were waiting for someone to show up when the mortgage company called me directly after two and a half hours passed by. I was heading out of town at the time, and felt like crap when H&R Block asked me if I could still do it that day. After I explained, he said "no problem, no hard feelings, I understand." But still, it didn't feel good...ya know?

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/4/05 2:23pm
Msg #29539

I think it definitely applies to SA's.

We may not necessarily be learning what we could be doing to improve our job performance, but we do learn from unhappy clients.

I've learned that signing services and title companies will try to manipulate me into committing illegal acts if it serves their purpose. I've learned that some companies are not worth the effort to work for, even if I do eventually get paid for what I did. I've learned that standing up for myself and sticking to my commitment to uphold notary laws is not necessarily going to result in a future loss of business.

I don't know that I've learned a whole lot from those who are happy with my work. They like what I do and I keep on doing it the same way. It's a great relationship, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it a learning one.

Reply by BrendaTx on 4/4/05 2:28pm
Msg #29542

Good point. (*Light bulb flashing*)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.