Notary Rotary
RTC question
Notary Discussion History

RTC question
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Mary Pierce/PA on 4/15/05 12:59pm
Msg #31971

RTC question

I did a signing last night for Di-Tech. The instructions from the lender said to have them initial the transaction date "if" we had to change it. The date was correct so I just had them initial the cancellation date where I had to fill that in. Well now the SS calls me and says that I had to follow their instructions and have then initial both sections. It was on their confirmation they sent me. I just figured that I'd follow the lender's instructions because they were right on top of the RTC. Now I have to go out and have the borrower's initial that section at my expense. They are over an hour from me. Does that seem right?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/15/05 1:08pm
Msg #31973

Doesn't seem right, but when I was new at this I did some Ditechs, and the first one I did, there were 9 RTC's in the package. So, I had the borrower sign the one that was going back to Ditech. The SS called me later and told me that the borrower had to sign all 9 even though only one was going back, and I had to drive out to the borrower and have her sign all her copies. The borrower thought it was stupid too, and said if I had called her she would have just gone ahead and signed them without me going out. That was around 45 minutes from me. Seemed stupid to me, that she had to sign all 9 copies - and it seems like they do call the borrowers to check up on us.

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 4/15/05 1:13pm
Msg #31976

I always, always have them sign all the copies and keep one. I left the other copies with them. I left a message and asked if they could somehow meet me 1/2 way...but I recall them talking about them going away for the weekend and the package has to be on its way back to them by Monday. I have a closing tonight in the opposite direction.

Reply by BrendaTX on 4/15/05 2:02pm
Msg #31996

Thank you both for the heads up on this. I have allowed a couple of the signed ones go when the b's started getting annoyed. I knew it was not right but I did it just to get out of their hair asap.

I will now have a reason to enforce the issue.

Reply by Stephen_VA on 4/15/05 9:39pm
Msg #32113

Brenda.... tisk tisk... Smiley

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 4/16/05 3:23pm
Msg #32218

I talked to the SS today. Told them yesterday that I would not be able to get them initialed until this weekend. She said why don't you just initial it yourself? I said I can't do that. That's illegal. Would make my life easier but the borrower is going to meet me half way tomorrow evening.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.