Re Margaret information on Home Inspecetions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Reggie on 4/6/05 5:37pm
Msg #30006

Margaret;

Thank you for the information on home inspections I have already signed up with ClearCapital and I am going to have to study the Hud site to find where I need to go. got to go to a signing now so again thank you.

reggie
Kansas

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 6:44pm
Msg #30020

Re: Re Margaret information on Home Inspections

Your welcome. After today I am pursuing another business venture. My husband and I talked and we are getting a home equity line of credit. Some for a new roof, finish remodeling the kitchen, put that jacuzzi in (that I needed today when I got home) Money to set up a new business. I had a signing today that was a nightmare. I had a 3:30pm signing that was in another county 2 hours away. Quess when I got the EDOCS? 2:30pm. My laptop is in the shop from getting a Virus. It happened when I had to shut off my Norton to get docs from a website last week. So I could not print them in my car. I called the borrowers to let them know I would be late. No Kinkos anywhere near where I was going. Then I got stuck in traffic, I am just getting home from my 3:30 signing.

I was told by the borrowers that they were supposed to sign last week, but the loan company said they could not locate a mobile notary. The wife had just had a baby this past Friday.

They left the wife off the documents and in Florida that is a no-no. I wrote her name in as I could not get a hold of anyone. I made 4 phone calls and was on hold and no one ever came to the phone.

The interest rate was 8.5%, he was told 5.75. I explained the right to cancel and he tried to call his broker, no answer, and he just left a message.

Write now I am going to do my inspections for now and pursue a new venture.

If I do any signings they will only be for Title companies in their office.

Reply by clpflorida on 4/6/05 9:55pm
Msg #30066

I was very interested in your high tech mobile office. How do you set up the phone, laptop and printer? I would be interested in hearing more about how to market for inspections. I thought I was busy but now I see where I can expand as well. I'm in Central Florida. Where are you located?

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 10:03pm
Msg #30071

I am in North Florida - Jacksonville area

One company is Clearcapital at www. Clearcapital.com. It depends on how many inspections and inspectors they have in your area. Some areas are over saturated with inspectors.

I do HUD foreclosure, residential and commerical inspections and loan signings.

Drive-bys are not appraisals, but just a description and photos. They are disbursed through email and you must have mobile email and printing capabilities on the road to do these. Assignments have to be done within hours of email and you have a time that they are due by.

I have a 3000 watt power inverter in my car, laser printer, wireless laptop. I can scan documents and send then through my efax on my laptop.

Margaret/Florida

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/6/05 11:21pm
Msg #30085

Re: Is S. Florida saturated in this field? n/m

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/6/05 11:24pm
Msg #30086

Re: Is S. Florida saturated in this field? n/m

I don't know. I know after I did the ones in South Florida, they found someone. I volunteered to go back to Miami and also to do the Keys

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/7/05 7:22am
Msg #30108

Re: Is S. Florida saturated in this field?

Margaret stated, >>>after I did the ones in South Florida, they found someone. I volunteered to go back to Miami and also to do the Keys<<<

Aren't you in Jax? What the heck would you charge to go to Miami and the Keys? That's a haul and a half.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/7/05 7:28am
Msg #30109

I charge the same for inspections but they paid for my hotel expenses while I was in South Florida in December.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 4/7/05 7:33am
Msg #30110

Ah, inspections with expenses. Gotta luv it!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/7/05 7:43am
Msg #30112

Yes. This was a very special situation. I told him no at first and he begged me, these for HUD inspections and they pay more than most. The Hud foreclosures are in very rough areas of town. Travel expenses are not normal and your home base is within 150 from home. I do Georgia too

Reply by Reggie on 4/7/05 1:08am
Msg #30099

Sounds like you had a very bad day do not make life changeing decissions after a day like today take a day or two then discuss it again and see what you come up with. do you have the email address for NASCO I tried on the website and I kept getting the email account for MSN and I do not have an account with them. So, once again can you give me there email address. Thanks and sorry to be such a bother.

Reggie
Kansas

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/7/05 7:37am
Msg #30111

I do not have an email address for them. But try this web address http://www.nascopgh.com

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.