Re: eom (end of the month) - learned something new
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Ted_MI on 4/22/05 2:49pm
Msg #33378

Hi all,

From my perspective, the two significant crunch time dates for this month (factoring in the right of rescission) were Monday, April 25th and Tuesday, April 26th. I was just enlightened by a woman at a signing company (well-respected, I might add) that I was somewhat off base; that Monday is indeed the drop dead date. That I could forget about Tuesday. The reason for this is that loans just don't fund on Saturday. I guess the banks are not open.

So I guess it doesn't work like the three day right of rescission where Saturdays are counted (unless of course they are federal holidays).

This all arose because I was retained to do a signing for today (hopefully tonight) and the docs are date sensitive for today. The borrower seems to want to do it tomorrow. So I said "heh, why don't you just rerun them and fedex them out to me for tomorrow morning delivery" (I had received them fed-ex this morning). I was informed that the bank can't get them reformulated until Tuesday. I thought that would be alright until I was enlightened otherwise.

Reply by PA Notary on 4/22/05 8:00pm
Msg #33426

Ted: Unless you do HFC or Beneficial loans for IREP. Their loans are self funded, so they will most definitly have customers go to their offices on Saturdays for funding. I already have a BFC loan scheduled for Tues. that will fund on Sat.

Reply by sue on 4/23/05 6:32am
Msg #33478

YUP, 4 HFCs already for Tuesday. Had to turn one down for Monday as I've got the higher paying eom clients then.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.