Notary Rotary
Remember when you first started?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by LindaSOCAL on 4/29/05 11:29am
Msg #34871

Everyone wants to know how many you have done....and I believe that there was another post stating this but not in detail. Your reluctant to say that you have not yet completed any loans. Any advice? On the positive note....of course there's gotta be companies out there that will issue an assignment to a newbie right? But when?

I am signing up with many signing companies and am trying to be patient. *fingers crossed*

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/29/05 11:43am
Msg #34875

sign up with nations direct, with all us NSA's turning them down for the $40 signings I would think they would have no choice than to hire newbie's.

Reply by LindaSOCAL on 4/29/05 11:54am
Msg #34878

Thank you Brian....it was very nice of you to respond. Would you have their Url?

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 4/29/05 12:50pm
Msg #34886

Linda, be careful with Nation Direct. I did a few signing for them when they paid 50.00, I found them to put a lot of loose certificate in the documents . When I called them on this their response was they(notaries) don't know what they are doing. My answer was I know what I am doing and I will not file this certificates. Last year it was 50.00 and now 40.00. Make sure you get a confirmation, get your feet wet and get out of there. Good luck.

Reply by Linda Truong on 4/29/05 12:54pm
Msg #34887

Hey Simon....thank you very much! I really appreciate your advice I will take that into consideration. Have a great day! =D

Reply by HisHughness on 4/29/05 1:09pm
Msg #34890

LindaSocal asks:

***Everyone wants to know how many you have done....and I believe that there was another post stating this but not in detail. Your reluctant to say that you have not yet completed any loans. Any advice?***

1. Sign up with Sign on the X, 24/7, e-mobile, Thomas Siriani, and any other deadbeat companies you can find.

2. Lie. Tell them you have done 50 -- or any number you choose -- signings.

3. Set your fee at least $50. Tell them it is fortunate they called this month, because next month you are going up to $65.

4. Complete whatever number of assignments for them you deem appropriate, and for which you are willing to be stiffed on your fee. Remember: many professions require internships; regard these signings as your personal internship.

5. Use those assignments to solicit responsible signing companies and title companies.

6. Never ever again accept any assignments from Sign on the X, 24/7, e-mobile, Thomas Siriani, or any other deadbeat company.

Good luck.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 4/29/05 1:15pm
Msg #34891

***6. Never ever again accept any assignments from Sign on the X, 24/7, e-mobile, Thomas Siriani, or any other deadbeat company.***

Phew! I was glad to read #6 - for a minute there I thought you'd lost your ever lovin' mind!

Reply by Art_MD on 4/29/05 1:21pm
Msg #34892

as to 24/7, I don't know of anyone who got "stiffed". Maybe took time, but you do get your money.

As to the others, its a different story.

Art

Reply by LindaSOCAL on 4/29/05 1:28pm
Msg #34893

Thank you all for your advise, it is greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend all!

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/29/05 1:43pm
Msg #34896

When I first started I was unlucky enough to get Sign on the X. I did not know about thees notary boards at the time, so I found out the hard way. I did not accept $40.00 or $50.00. they met my fee and I jumped through all the hoops for them. When time came to get paied they were not jumping through any hoops but became very rude. I did colect after many weeks of demand letters and all the other good stuff. Good luck to you Linda.

Reply by Ieshia on 4/29/05 9:03pm
Msg #34962

What is a Notary board?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 4/29/05 10:23pm
Msg #34976

It's a plank, about 3 3/8 inches thick, 14 31/32 inches wide, and 5 feet 6 7/16 inches long.

Lots of folks refer to this Forum as a "Notary Board", a place where notaries public can post messages.

Reply by Kim_NJ on 4/29/05 1:44pm
Msg #34897

Just wanted to add ServiceLink to Hughs list.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/29/05 4:17pm
Msg #34929

Are ya'll talking about 24/7 the national notary network? I have never been stiffed by them, nor e-mobile notary. They call me all the time.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/29/05 4:32pm
Msg #34932

You are very lucky with e-mobile notary. They only pay you if and when they get paid.
I waited 9 months for them to pay me for a signing, and when I called to see when I would get paid, I was told that I was obviously new to the business or I would know that the notaries only get paid if and when they get paid. So, if they don't get paid, we don't get paid, if it takes 9 months for them to get paid, it takes 9 months for us to get paid.

I had them remove me from their database. I don't do pro-bono work for signing companies.

Reply by jojo_MN on 4/29/05 5:46pm
Msg #34945

Why add ServiceLink? I do signings for them frequently and never have problems getting paid (you have to remember to send an invoice at the end of the month).

Reply by Ieshia on 4/29/05 9:05pm
Msg #34963

I have had great luck with ServiceLink also. Never had a problem getting paid in a timely manner

Reply by Kim_Nj on 4/29/05 10:40pm
Msg #34979

They pay on time...I am referring more to their LOW fees. I got great experience with them when I was a newbie.

Reply by sue on 4/30/05 6:26am
Msg #35003

ServiceLink paid $125 plus additional for after 6 or weekends. What fee are they paying you?

Reply by Melody on 4/29/05 4:56pm
Msg #34938

Working for jerks

Very interesting idea, Hugh.

Getting experience by taking work from companies the rest of us won't talk to: good idea.

But I hold a feeble hope that word will get out on Sirianni, Sign on X, et al and NO ONE will take their jobs and the jerks will go out of business.

Nation's Direct is an idea. $40 is obsene but they do pay. Perhaps we oldies should send all newbies to them. The newbies get the experience and we get the satisfaction of knowing that Nation's Direct has to spend a ton more time than if they used experienced notaries.

Hmmmmm

Reply by Don NoCA on 4/29/05 11:29pm
Msg #34983

Re: Working for jerks

Quit picking on Nations Direct. They pay promptly, have met my increase due to gas prices and no fax backs. When you are working no more than 10 miles r/t from home I do not think that I am so professsional (as many on this site think they are) that I warrant more than 50-65 dollars an hour.

Reply by CaliNotary on 4/30/05 12:15am
Msg #34987

"I do not think that I am so professsional (as many on this site think they are) that I warrant more than 50-65 dollars an hour. "

Well that's your loss. Do you really think Nations Direct are so professional that they warrant the other $110 or so just for calling you and sending you out to the appointment?

Any signing company with a base fee of $40 are jerks who prey on newbies. Period.

Reply by John_NorCal on 4/30/05 12:49am
Msg #34990

Re: Working for jerks Amen! n/m

Reply by christi/socal on 4/30/05 2:34am
Msg #34997

Working for nations direct for a newbie needing experience for 40$ might be ok ( although I think they should go to 50$ at least) But now nations is going even lower, they called me tonight saying they had a signing with only 4 notrizations needed for 25$. I wrote about this on another board and someone else wrote they were offered 30$. I think their going to go as low as their allowed too.

Reply by sue on 4/30/05 9:00am
Msg #35013

Don, I am not picking on you and not saying I don't believe you but I've seen this type response before. I am a busy notary and if I had to work only 5 miles out from my house (and I do live in a metropolitan area) I would be working up at the Burger King. Working only 5 miles out from one's home just isn't believeable for me unless you do a very limited amount of work. I only did 18 loans this week and 4 were within 5 miles - that's because 3 were for my HFC office. Last week I did 17 loans - and only 5 were within 5 miles (again 3 were for HFC). I realize everyone's area has a different saturation of borrower level but I truly can't believe anyone can earn a living working within 5 miles of their house. Also, $50-$65 an hour for an individual to earn is great money. However, you are a business and for a business to be making $50-$65 an hour isn't much.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.