Notary Rotary
SLLLLOOOOWWW MONTH???
Notary Discussion History

SLLLLOOOOWWW MONTH???
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Mysti_FL on 4/19/05 6:50pm
Msg #32730

SLLLLOOOOWWW MONTH???

Ok, my first full month as an active signing agent was in March. I was jumping!

Now in April, I have had two or three signings and one (and tonight possibly a 2nd) fell through. How sad! Is this true for others? Or was March just "Beginner's Luck"???

Mysti

Reply by Becca_FL on 4/19/05 7:26pm
Msg #32732

This month has been slower than the past two. February & March were unreal. I'm happy for the slow down, I needed it. Don't get me wrong, I like the business & I like to stay busy, but 3 months in a row with no slow down, I would have keeled over. Only time will tell, I'm starting to book up for the end of the week. Monday will be crazy, don't worry.

Are you the Mysti in Tequesta that I've talked with?

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/19/05 11:10pm
Msg #32772

I've "spoken" to you only in emails. I am in Miami.
Mysti

Reply by Ted_MI on 4/19/05 8:19pm
Msg #32736

Mysti,

Essentially the same thing happened to me, albiet about nine months ago. My first month as an nsa (August) I had a number of signings. Then the next two months were pretty slow. Now granted I probably could have done more to market myself. But I spent a lot of time reading this board and gmn and trying to figure out which were the good ss's and then the ones to avoid, and also learning the ropes. So keep the faith; I am sure things will pick up. And keep in mind that having assigments that cancel is better than no appointments at all, even though it is disappointing.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/19/05 11:12pm
Msg #32773

Ted, that is exactly how I have filled my days: reading, reading and more reading!

Between my full time job, the evenings of closing and the reading, I was a little nutsy. Makes for a bit of a letdown this month. I also didn't market much because of it. So, I am starting to do a little of that now.

Thanks for your response!
Mysti

Reply by CarolynCO on 4/19/05 8:34pm
Msg #32740

I don't recall, but didn't you ask us if you should quit your full-time job and do signing full time?--and the response was "don't do it?" If I have you mixed up with someone else, sorry.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/19/05 11:13pm
Msg #32774

Re: Full Time??? I guess not!! Thanks Carolyn n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 4/20/05 9:19pm
Msg #33016

Re: Full Time??? I guess not!! Thanks Carolyn n/m

Sorry I had you confused Mysti. Just keep marketing and signing up with as many SSs as you can.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 4/19/05 9:34pm
Msg #32761

WOW, I was just logging on here to post a message asking how everyone elses April was!!!! I had a very good month last month, but this month is very slow. How wierd I was going to ask the same thing of everyone.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/19/05 10:10pm
Msg #32770

I was also wondering why I wasn't getting any signings. I hope it picks up in May. Maybe I need to sign up with other SS companies. I am only signed up with 4. Anybody have any reconmendations.

Annette, Ohio

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 4/19/05 10:49pm
Msg #32771

Annette
Signing up with only 4 signing companies is not going to get you much work.

Reply by Nd_WA on 4/20/05 3:05am
Msg #32786

It's been steady for me, turned down 2 today due to schedule conflict.

Reply by Dee-FL on 4/20/05 6:49am
Msg #32791

Yes. It has been a slow month compared to February and March. I had 2 a day at times in March. I've only had about 5 signings this month, so far.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/20/05 7:29am
Msg #32801

Re: SLLLLOOOOWWW MONTH??? in the beginning

The first two weeks Of April only did 6 closings. Now this week of April 18th I've done 5 so far. I expect next week will be even busier.

I try to do 15-20 a month to make over $1,500 or more!

allison

Reply by Dee-FL on 4/20/05 8:12am
Msg #32816

Wow. Do you do this full time or part time. I'm a part timer. I wish I could do this many a week. Where are you located?

Reply by adrock fl on 4/20/05 10:32am
Msg #32853

im in broward county. i've been very lucky to be consistantly busy, and i do signings part time.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 4/20/05 10:12pm
Msg #33026

Re: SLLLLOOOOWWW MONTH??? March my first month!

I grossed a little over that much last month and it was my first month! I also work part time but have a very flexible day job so many times I am able to fit in signings during the day!

Well, hope it picks up for all of us!
Mysti

Reply by Allison/mi on 4/21/05 7:28am
Msg #33073

Dee

Hi dee, Ididn't mean to post anonymously. My name is Allison. I'm in Michigan.

Reply by Dee-FL on 4/21/05 7:47am
Msg #33078

Re: Dee

No prob. Business has been picking up a bit during the last couple of days. I've gotten 3 signings so far in 2 days. That's great. Usually, business picks up during the summer months here in FL. not sure about everywhere else. So, I expect to be really busy over the summer. Good luck in MI.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.