Notary Rotary
Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Service Link
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Dee-FL on 4/18/05 1:11pm
Msg #32466

Service Link

I did a closing for Service Link and I'm just wondering has anyone had any problems with them calling back to back for a tracking number. They asked me to either call in the tracking info or fax it back. It was easier to fax it back with their confirmation sheet rather than call in all the info they were requesting me to leave on a voicemail (name, borrower name, tracking #, service used, my fee, date & time of signing and date docs returned). That, I thought was an awful lot of info for one voicemail to hold so, I faxed the confirmation sheet back. I've gotten three calls from them wanting the same info that I faxed back within 1 hour of the closing's completion. I've never done a signing for them before so, I'm a bit nervous about this one. Do they pay okay? I went ahead and sent in the invoice for this signing even though they asked me to send one invoice for the month. I just wanted to see how fast/well they pay before I hold request for payments for a month at a time.

Reply by td on 4/18/05 1:15pm
Msg #32469

They're a pretty good company and pay on time - You have to send an invoice to them at the end of each month and they pay by the 15th. I've never had a problem with them at all.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/18/05 1:22pm
Msg #32473

I did have a problem with them. Even after calling and faxing, they say they never got my fax or voicemail. When I got a call the next day to refax, I was gone all day. Some called me back to say they found the fax. Then when I got payment, they had deducted $10 for no fax backs. I called them back and told them to take me out of their database. This was when I was doing $50 signings which I do not do anymore. They do pay on time

Reply by Lee/AR on 4/18/05 6:46pm
Msg #32524

Must invoice; check comes like clockwork; annndddd...whether you call or fax the info, you'll get 2, 3 calls anyway. I've never had a problem, but I keep a copy of my FAX confirmation report...just in case.

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 4/18/05 1:20pm
Msg #32471

They do pay within two weeks of getting your invoice, so no concerns there. As far as I am concerned thought they are not worth the fee. They are a Title Company that pays SS fees ($15 for e-docs are you kidding?!?).

Too much work and too many faxbacks for my taste.

I stopped working for them a while back because by time I print the docs/drive to the borrowers/drive back/fax them their required pages/etc.... I end up making minimum wage.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 4/18/05 1:24pm
Msg #32475

You got it! Way too many fax backs, I only did overnights for them as I will not do edocs for $15 either.

Reply by Debbie/NJ on 4/18/05 2:06pm
Msg #32486

I have done many signings for Service Link. I agree with all the other posts here--(a) you send them an invoice at the end of the month and within about two weeks you'll get paid; (b) they definitely have too many fax backs! and (c) I only do overnights because there's no way I'm going to do edocs for $15!

Reply by Mike/NJ on 4/18/05 2:42pm
Msg #32488

When they changed the Edoc fee and wanted fax backs.. bye bye.. Not worth the time and effort for the fee.

Reply by td on 4/18/05 3:41pm
Msg #32491

They only paid you all $15 for e-docs? They at least pay me $25 more for e-docs. I've never had a problem faxing their forms also; in fact, they call me right away to go ahead and send out the package once they've received the necessary forms.

Reply by Dee-FL on 4/18/05 4:23pm
Msg #32499

Thanks for all of your help. They did try to get me to do edocs for $15 but I told them no way. I do edocs for $25 more than my regular fee. She accepted it gracefully. No problem there. Just getting them to realize that I faxed back their confirmation sheet has been very difficult. I hope they don't try to cut my pay for this job. It was less than 24 hours from the signing that they called me for edocs.

Reply by JML in NY on 4/18/05 8:50pm
Msg #32545

I agree wholeheartedly with everything posted here...they pay like clockwork and are really nice to deal with... but when the LENDERS who work with Service Link started to hound me by phone with 3 or 4 calls PER DAY ("did you do this, did you do that yet") it was beginning to get on my nerves. I too decided to pack it in with Service Link because the additional work and fax backs were ridiculous...also once tried to hammer me because a "duel signing" went bad on the OTHER end...sorry folks, I did MY job...and yes, I did get my money for it, too...

Reply by Deno88TX on 4/18/05 9:48pm
Msg #32550

they have email closing status, if you go to their website and use your log in and password, you can update this info, i do it and have never had to fax anything back

Reply by Dee-FL on 4/19/05 7:16am
Msg #32585

Thanks. I didn't know that I could do that. I thought it was fax in or call in the confirmation. They finally closed out the signing so, I guess that was good news for me. I was starting worry with all the phone calls.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.