Notary Rotary
Sexual Harassment
Notary Discussion History

Sexual Harassment
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 4/27/05 3:53pm
Msg #34384

Sexual Harassment

Question 1: Did anybody ever experience sexual harassment or anyhting like that?

Question 2: Being a VA notary can I do signings in other states?

Question 3: Can I get commision from 2/3 different states?

Everybody's help would be much appreciated

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 4/27/05 8:04pm
Msg #34449

As a note: List your state in the Subject - you will get a better response, perhaps from people in VA

As to your questions:
1. No - if you dress appropriately and be professional then sexual harassment shouldn't happen - JMO
2. Most likely not as you are commissioned for the state of VA not another state
3. Check with the SOS (Secretary of State) in the states you are interested in becoming commissioned - there may be residency issues or requirements

Reply by Melody on 4/27/05 8:18pm
Msg #34453

"1. No - if you dress appropriately and be professional then sexual harassment shouldn't happen - JMO"

Shouldn't happen. EVER!

Barbara is obviously naive. I am glad she has never run into any trouble.

I was the victim of sexual harassment on the job many times in my 20s and 30s. Never invited for it. Always dressed professionally.

One time a boss crept up behind me and tickled my ribs. I instinctively threw my right elbow back HARD and knocked him staggering backwards. I had taken martial arts so it was a reflex action.

I hope he still has a sore spot!

Reply by Kari/CA on 4/27/05 8:32pm
Msg #34469

I agree with you. Sexual Harrassment happens with out provocation, for someone to think
other wise is ignorance. To someone who has never experienced this, the first time it happens especially, it is such a shock to think, that the person thinks they have a right to treat you like that.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/27/05 8:33pm
Msg #34470

Re: That elbow comes in handy, had to use it my self :)

Reply by VA_Notary on 4/28/05 8:25am
Msg #34537

Thanks all. But I AM in my early 30s so what precautions do I need to take???

Reply by Art_MD on 4/28/05 8:29am
Msg #34538

Get a carry permit - even if you don't own or use a gun.
Get a business card holder, one that fold horizonally.
In the top window put one of your business cards.
In the bottom window put your gun permit .
Hand the borrower your ID - he'll see both and may get the message.

Art

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 4/28/05 12:28pm
Msg #34597

You are right...

It shouldn't happen EVER!

Naive? Ignorant? No, but I am too trusting of people and recognize this. I've just been very fortunate and blessed. I pray that no one will ever be victim to sexual harassment.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/28/05 12:51pm
Msg #34601

Re: You are right...

I was a victim of sexual harrassment at work years back. It is very unplesant. You dress nice and aproperatly for work and treat all in a friendly manner. But in no way is that an invitaion to make unaproperate remarks or advatages towards you. People that think they have the right to do such things obivously dont have respect for others, that is something you learn from your parents.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.