Notary Rotary
Sign On the X - Edocs
Notary Discussion History

Sign On the X - Edocs
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Lola - CA Notary on 4/26/05 3:59pm
Msg #34117

Sign On the X - Edocs

I am curious as to how Sign on the X completes their e-mail document appointments.

I have been doing e-doc closings for numerous signing companies and always seem to have a problem with the way that other signing companies send them. Sometimes it's a doc reader problem (I'm currently building my database of print drivers) but the majority of the time it seems to be a Signing Company problem. I have heard that Sign on the X has discovered a way to stream line the process and am interested in knowing more about it to try and help myself in the field. Apparently they use a web site that automatically will print any type of document uploaded on to that site, automatically determining what size paper each document should be printed on - cutting down on human error. I've also heard that this site makes it so that we, as signing agents, do not need to download thousands of programs in order to print out these e-mail documents.

I have registered to be a signing agent with Sign on the X (anyone have any helpful feedback for me regarding this company?) but have yet to receive a reply from them.

Any feedback re: the way this company handles their e-mail documents would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Lola - Notary in CA

Reply by Indiana Notary on 4/26/05 4:04pm
Msg #34118

Getting them to pay is like pulling teeth. Painful, but can be done!

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 4/26/05 4:27pm
Msg #34129

I just did my first signing for them Friday night. Supposedly the documents were being emailed and I was to use DocMaster. The main group of closing documents (109 pages) were referred to as a"blockument" and had a PDF extension. I opened the DocMaster program (as instructed int he email to me) and then double clicked on the PDF file. Like MAGIC DocMaster was suppose to work magic. Didn't happen!

The documents were sent to me while I was at another closing. By the time I was able to print out the documents the lender was gone and I couldn't get any information. I attempted to research DocMaster over the weekend and on Monday, to no avail.

From what I could tell, in a perfect world if I had been able to go to a Web site to retrieve my blockument everything would have been hunky dory!... But that didn't happen.

I don't think Sign On The X is completely automated and it's based on which lender they are working with.

BTW... I did email the person who sent me the blockument and asked him for more information and he was clueless. Lucky for me I knew enough as to set my printer settings so the documents would print out on legal size paper.

I tried getting information about this yesterday from the message board, but only one person answered me and his basic comment was to adjust the printer settings to print an Adobe doc.

Reply by Roger/OH on 4/26/05 6:03pm
Msg #34153

SOX has one of the worst reputations out there; do a search and you will see numerous negative posts about their slow/no pay. Would NOT recommend getting involved with them.

Reply by Anonymous on 4/26/05 6:04pm
Msg #34154

If you want to work for fun, good or if youwant to get some experience for free, good! go ahead and
do one or two. But you will work so hard to get paid.

Reply by Rita-CA on 4/26/05 6:17pm
Msg #34155

You'll spend as much time trying to get paid as you spend during a closing!

Reply by Forest on 4/26/05 8:11pm
Msg #34178

Just say no to sign on the x....

Reply by Roger/OH on 4/26/05 11:41pm
Msg #34233

Hey Rita

Heck, a signing only takes an hour at most; getting paid from SOX could take months if at all!

Reply by Lola - Notary in CA on 4/27/05 10:52am
Msg #34312

This may be a silly question, but what is a "Blockument" Maggie?

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 4/27/05 10:55am
Msg #34313

A "Blockument" is a group of documents lumped in one file. I think DocMaster refers to it as blockument. I had never seen the term before until I was suppose to use DocMaster to print loan docs.

Reply by Monica - FL on 4/28/05 7:23pm
Msg #34692

Lola, since you are in California maybe you can give me a tip. If I have a complaint to lodge against a signing company, where do Igo? Perhaps to the Secretary of State, Notary Divison? Yes, my complaint is against SOX. I did a closing for them on February 17th and can't get anyone to even talk to me there. I am going to be in California (San Diego) next week and if their office isn't too far from where I am going to be i would like to just "drop in" with my invoices in hand and see if I can get paid. Do you know where they are physically located and/or who owns the company or if it is incorporated? Thanks for any info you might be able to give me. If you want, you can just e-mail me at: [e-mail address]. Thanks again. Monica Carter, Florida certified signing agent.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 4/28/05 7:35pm
Msg #34698

Re: Sign On the X - Edocs. Email me

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.