Notary Rotary
Sign on the X
Notary Discussion History

Sign on the X
Go Back to April, 2005 Index

Posted by Forest on 4/20/05 3:51pm
Msg #32939

Sign on the X

Got a call last night from Sign on the X. They wanted me to do a signing in my area (Hidden Valley Lake, CA) this Friday night. They offered me $45.00 but agreed to $65 after I explained my standard rate was $75. Thier policy is that "Checks will be cut on the 30th of the next month i.e. October signings paid on November 30th". I find having to wait more than 30 days to get paid unnaceptable. But then I remembered reading past posts about Notaries who never got paid for work done through Sign on the X. So here's what I told'em:

"I am reluctant to accept this signing for two reasons

1. Having to wait more than 30 days to get paid is unnaceptable.
2. After checking, I find that your company has a reputation for not paying
Notaries.

I will agree to do this signing only if you send a check for my services
with the document package. If you can agree to send payment with the
documents I'll be happy to Notarize them. If you want to work with me you
will find I am very thorough and professional. I have years of experience
with loan signings. I get it done right the first time - on time. I'm not
interested in waisting time with collections. Let me know what you want to do."

They did. No surprise - they declined to send a check with the Docs and pulled the order.
No doubt they'll be calling other Notaries in this area. If any one feels like risking it I hope
you get paid and I hope it's more than $45... As for me, I'm not willing to take chances
with fly by night signing services anymore. I've got better things to do & I bet you do too.

Reply by Christina Dudaklian on 4/20/05 3:59pm
Msg #32943

thanks for the warning, I've been hearing negative things from them more and more, and they're all because they don't pay their notaries.

Reply by Jay on 4/20/05 4:39pm
Msg #32946

I turned them down last Fri. 615pm, I'm half way through my dinner & they want it that night 25/30 miles sw of me. I told them no right off the bat. I didn't even ask what they pay. I told her they have a bad rep for paying in a timely fashion. And that was that. She stutered some answer & I said "bye".

Reply by fay on 4/20/05 4:51pm
Msg #32950

A friend of mine, new to the business went on a signing for them. I told her I hope she gets paid. In addition, it was a very difficult signing, the parties read each and every page(all for $45.00). I told her don't work for them, forty-five dollars is way below standard. In addition, by the time these signing companies finish we will be getting $10.00 dollars a signing.

Reply by Moose-fl on 4/20/05 7:13pm
Msg #32989

I usually get $75 for their signings. Yep, they pay SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!
But they do pay if you make 1 or 2 phone calls. You have to make the collection calls. If I'm having a slow week I'll accept work from them. It can make the difference between a bad week and an ok week.

Reply by JLCa on 4/20/05 7:55pm
Msg #32997

I have only been doing this for four months. I have done four signings for On the X, and got paid on time
for the first two, without having to call them. The second two are not due to be paid until the end of this month.

Reply by Marla Anderson on 4/21/05 11:35am
Msg #33135

Re: Hey Forest, e-mail me

I'm in Ukiah and get calls for Hidden Valley sometimes that I don't take because they won't pay the fee I request. It's 3 hrs r/t for me. I would like to refer someone though. How 'bout you! Where are you located? Need your "digits".
[e-mail address]

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.